Does RCCL Give OBC if Price Drops?

nogard13

I'm debating whether to book directly through RCCL or if I should just go with my regular TA. I know that if I go through the TA then I will have to deal with them instead of RCCL (and try to fight for OBC if the price drops). I'm just wondering if RCCL actually gives the OBC (or lowers the price) if you book directly with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

They do but only before final payment date. After final payment you can only get an upgrade. This could be a no cost upgrade if a category above yours drops to what you paid, or you can pay an additional amount for an upgrade if it is more than what you paid.

Yes they do, they will try to upgrade you to a higher cabin, but with the new policy once the final payment is made you are locked in they will not do price drops for you. We always book with the cruiseline.

Happy Sailing

Brian J

When is Final Payment date? Is it something like 30 days?

This is straight from RCI website

When is the final payment due? - Royal Caribbean International Print This Page Q: When is the final payment due? A: Final payment is generally due seventy-five (75) days prior to sailing for most non-holiday departures.

When is the final payment for my cruise vacation due? - Royal Caribbean International Q: When is the final payment for my cruise vacation due? A: Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 75 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals.

Also - whether you book with RCCL or a TA, don't forget that you'll need to call to get a price drop before final payment. So whichever way you go, stalk the prices yourself and call RCCL or your TA (whichever you booked with) if you see a drop, because it's not automatic. If the price drop occurs after the official final payment date, you're just out of luck.

Even if you paid in full for your cruise when you booked, you can still get price drops before the official final payment date for your cruise. If you've paid in full already, I believe it will be given back to you as OBC. If you haven't paid in full, your invoice will be adjusted, and you'll pay less on the final payment.

We've booked our last 10 RCCL cruises through a TA/friend. She's pretty good, and twice she found price drops before I did, took care of the adjustment, and called to let me know. But I called her on two other occasions when I found them. In every case, we had not fully paid yet so our invoice was adjusted.

Good luck!

Judy

I'm debating whether to book directly through RCCL or if I should just go with my regular TA. I know that if I go through the TA then I will have to deal with them instead of RCCL (and try to fight for OBC if the price drops). I'm just wondering if RCCL actually gives the OBC (or lowers the price) if you book directly with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Royal Caribbean will only give you OBC for a price drop if you booked your cruise and made final payment before May 17, 2010. Their new policy went into effect on this date where if the price drops before final payment you will be given a refund of the price difference. If the price drop occurs after final payment you can either get a refund or if a higher cabin class has dropped to or below the cabin you booked you can upgrade to the higher cabin. There will be no difference on this between using a TA or Royal caribbean. If your TA gave you OBC it is probably separate from Royal Caribbean. You can get OBC from Royal Caribbean if you book a future cruise while onboard a current cruise.

Archived