Wine Package - (2012 Pricing)

TriMomma

I have ordered a wine package my last three cruises. They changed selection now it seems and do not offer Robert Mondavi wines at any level.

We were also disappointed that the Robert Modavi wines(Chardonnay) were removed. :(

It was on the basic package which was nice.

For those that purchased and asked for a confirmation email - how long did it take to get it? I orderd my package yesterday and asked for an email, but nothing yet? Should I be concernd?

I'd be a little concerned, I received my email confirmation about 15 minutes after I placed my order yesterday.

As long as you have your confirmation # you will probably have to call BV back and request it again to be emailed to you.

I'd be a little concerned, I received my email confirmation about 15 minutes after I placed my order yesterday.

As long as you have your confirmation # you will probably have to call BV back and request it again to be emailed to you.

Thanks - I have the order # and will call again from work on Tuesday and maybe have them fax it to me?

• 2 weeks later...
You're comparing apples to oranges, the prices need to be compared to a nice restaurant or resort, not the local liquor store on your street.

How much should you pay for the wine you drink in the privacy of your cabin then?nobody is serving you there .

The cruise line doesn't even pay the price that we pay in the local store.

And food is very nice on cruises in general but never is the MDR to be compared with a nice restaurant environment.

The wine on all cruise lines is well overpriced and I don't think than justifying is right . Good marketing would be 50% discount on your wine bill.

If you purchase the wine package, are unfinished bottles sent to your cabin? My best friend and I will be cruising (next year :( ) and I doubt either of us could finish more than one glass with dinner.

It might make more sense for us to just purchase 3 - $30 bottles at dinner (one every other night) rather than the Deluxe wine package - which was what I was planning. Taking on 15%, I'd be at 34.50, which is just over $100 for 12 glasses (in my experience traveling with my husband and traveling with my best friend - we get only 4 glasses of wine per bottle, though I know the pour should be 150 ml, it never seems to be) of wine. The cost is about $8.33 per glass using these numbers. This is only a little more per glass than the deluxe price.

Questions: Is $30 a fair estimate for say... Moscato on Carnival? Does the price vary by ship? (We're sailing on the Breeze in Jan 2013) And this is a silly question but, would I be able to bring multiple smaller - single serving - bottles aboard - rather than on 750 ml? I'm guessing no, but, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

It is true that most of these are 8-12 bottles of wine but if you buy them by the bottle in a restaurant, you will pay about the same as Carnival is charging. Still a lot cheaper than buying wine by the glass.

Pat

Not quite. Many restaurants mark up to double the retail. Of course they pay less than retail, so they are getting more profit also.

The Rex Goliath they offer on board is regularly $6 here in the stores. I would never pay $25-$30 for it at a restaurant or about a ship.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone seen the wine package information on the Carnival website recently? In the past you could search "Cruise the Vineyards" and find it...but now I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Archived