Emerald Princess and Quebec Cruise Terminal - 1st time

SusieO

We are sailing out of New York on 10/16/2012 on Emerald Princess to Quebec (arriving 10/26/12). We spend an overnight on the ship in Quebec; my question is how far is the YQB airport from the cruise terminal? I see Delta offers flights that depart at 8:30 a.m. are we crazy to try to make a flight at this time of the morning?

According to Princess and the air they offer they show you can take an 8:30 a.m. flight and I wonder if this has something to do with being in the port for the day/night before we actually disembark?

I appreciate the help on this one!

The bad news: YQB is pretty much the opposite side of the city from the cruise port. The good news is that Quebec just isn't that big, and I estimate that it should take no more than 25-30 minutes, especially at that time of the morning.

Being in port overnight makes this possible, as you need to be there a couple of hours before your flight time as it is an international flight; so, leave the port at 6 am and you should be good. Contrary to other Canadian airports, YQB does not have US pre-clearance, which means that you will clear immigration/customs in DTW, something to take into consideration if you have a connection.

We are sailing out of New York on 10/16/2012 on Emerald Princess to Quebec (arriving 10/26/12). We spend an overnight on the ship in Quebec; my question is how far is the YQB airport from the cruise terminal? I see Delta offers flights that depart at 8:30 a.m. are we crazy to try to make a flight at this time of the morning?

According to Princess and the air they offer they show you can take an 8:30 a.m. flight and I wonder if this has something to do with being in the port for the day/night before we actually disembark?

I appreciate the help on this one!

Hi Susie,

You'll be boarding the Emerald when we get off. This should be a great cruise. I can't speak specifically about Quebec City, but it seems whenever the cruise ends with an overnight in your last port you can disemark anytime you want. Of course you will need to walk off carrying your luggage. We did this a couple of years ago in Venice. You should probably be at the airport by 6:30 for an 8:30 flight. You should arrange in advance for a taxi or car service.

You might also want to post this question on the Princess Boards.

Hope this helps a little. Happy New Year.

• 8 months later...

SusieO

We are on the same cruise with you on October 16, 2012 (New York to Quebec). We would love for you to join our roll call. We are having a Cruise Critic Meet and Greet on the day of embarkation in the Wheelhouse Bar at 4:00 pm. Look on the Roll Call section and join up with the group by posting to me, cactus pair. We have a wonderful group of people!

Archived