Norwegian Spirit Review - 12/18/11 - 12/25/11

Did you say that you took a video of the Staff leading Christmas carols? I would really like to see that. I am glad you had a wonderful time on the Spirit. One week from right now, I will be in the air heading for New Orleans and The Spirit. I have loved your review and your pictures both still and video. Thank you for all of it. Mandy

Yes I have the staff leading Christmas Carols on camera. It is only like 30 or 40 seconds, sorry. I will post it up as soon as I can. I am happy you like my review. Enjoy your cruise!:D

Hi,

Loving your review. Do you by any chance have any of the "Freestyle Dining" sheets they give you that you could post? (Oh, and the Specialty restaurants sheet also) I have ones from the Dawn but would love to see the Spirit. (I'm sailing on her in April)

I believe so. I am at work now and have to wait and look when I get home. Yes I am at work on cruise critic. Kinda sad...I know. I will try and post what else I have asap. Thanks for reading.

I believe so. I am at work now and have to wait and look when I get home. Yes I am at work on cruise critic. Kinda sad...I know. I will try and post what else I have asap. Thanks for reading.

LOL, been there done that...

Thanks for looking (and for an awesome review)

Thank you for your wonderful review and videos! I have added a stop at the orphange in Roatan based on your information...what a great idea! I am REALLY intrigued by the cave trip...that looks so cool, and the photos were truly amazing!

We leave in a couple of weeks...do you remember what day the "Fill A Bag" laundry special is offered? I thought it may help cut-back on my packing...

Thanks again for the wonderful review!

Thank you for your wonderful review and videos! I have added a stop at the orphange in Roatan based on your information...what a great idea! I am REALLY intrigued by the cave trip...that looks so cool, and the photos were truly amazing!

We leave in a couple of weeks...do you remember what day the "Fill A Bag" laundry special is offered? I thought it may help cut-back on my packing...

Thanks again for the wonderful review!

Your welcome and I am happy to help you out. I am really happy you decided to go to the orphanage they will greatly appreciate it. You need to contact Lynn first to let her know and she will email you a list of items and she will also call the orphanage.

Email me and I will send over her information: valerie0187@yahoo.com

I will also send her an email letting her know more are interested in helping.

About the laundry I didn't keep the sheet but off of memory the second or third day they offered 50% off pressing and the second to last day I think was the laundry special of filling up your bag. Me and my aunt never did it so I can't tell you about the service.

Your welcome and I am happy to help you out. I am really happy you decided to go to the orphanage they will greatly appreciate it. You need to contact Lynn first to let her know and she will email you a list of items and she will also call the orphanage.

Email me and I will send over her information: valerie0187@yahoo.com

I will also send her an email letting her know more are interested in helping.

About the laundry I didn't keep the sheet but off of memory the second or third day they offered 50% off pressing and the second to last day I think was the laundry special of filling up your bag. Me and my aunt never did it so I can't tell you about the service.

Thanks so much!

I have Lynn's contact info from a link inside Victor Bodden's "Roatan Tip Sheet", so we're going to drop them a line and can't wait to set up a visit.

It looks like I'm going to go ahead a pack, as planned...and not worry about the laundry special!

Thanks again!

I forgot I went somewhere else after the Elements show! I went to the adult game show. I was the captain of my team. Our team didn't do that well and didn't participate much especially after we saw what we had to do. My team was a little modest.

It was basically a scavenger hunt. The host would ask us to bring up things with our number. Of course it started out G rated but has the game went on it was more like PG-13 heading towards R. He basically starting asking for crazy things like for us to bring a man wearing a woman's bra. I had no idea there were so many women willing to take off their bras and to top that so many men willing to walk around with no shirt and a bra.

I have it on video but don't know if I should post it. Go to my Photobucket page and you should see it there but I won't post a link on here. If you have any problems finding it just email me at: valerie0187@yahoo.com

I have also have more pictures. Check them out.

Set for the Elements show

IMG_0735.jpg?t=1325824051

The finale of Elements. Let's just say it was very beautiful and several people in the audience cried.

IMG_0737.jpg?t=1325824060

I think this is the NCL Star

IMG_0733.jpg?t=1325824040

IMG_0728.jpg?t=1325824028

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg?t=1325823963

I have more pictures I will post more later.

Nice review and pics!

thank you for your trip report and photo plus video...

as i booked it for next year :D I was not sure about this shp until I read your trip report as it help me feel better...

Thank ya'll so much for reading my review. I am happy to hear my review is helping out with ya'lls planning. Before I went on my trip I read so many reviews on cruise critic that helped me out a bunch.

I hope when ya'll are done with your trip you can write a review that will help others with their planning as well.

Remember if you have any questions please ask. Also if you want contact information for Lynn to go to the orphanage just email me and I will give you her information as well as the tour that will take you anywhere.

Day at Sea

Today was my day of rest. I was up most days for 18 hours. I needed to get some rest. Today was the day I stayed in bed for hours. I didn't do nearly as many things today.

I don't remember what I ate for breakfast or lunch. It was all just a blurr. I remember around noon time I laid on a beach chair by the pool. It was nice listening to the Caribbean music play. I never went swimming in the pool. I was too tired to put on a bathing suit and swim. LOL. I was super lazy! But hey it is a vacation.

Wasn't till that evening when I started doing somethings. I ate dinner at Windows with friends I met on the ship. That was the only time there was a line going into the restaurant. All the restaurants were booked I guess because most people wanted to eat at a nice restaurant for Christmas Eve.

Food took a little longer to come out. I think we were in the restaurant for an hour and a half. We wanted to see the show but missed the first one and had to wait until the second showing at 9:15. It was a Christmas program. It was nice but of course not as nice as the Elements show. We again sat in the front row.

After that we went to the atrium to sing Christmas Carols. It was wonderful to be surrounded with so many people singing Christmas songs. I started to feel homesick. This was my very first Christmas eve without my mother and grandmother. We are a very close family so it was kinda weird without them.

Having so many people together singing felt like a family. I would have to give NCL a high-five for doing this. This was very special. I have some of it on video and will post asap.

Below is the Freestyle Daily for the day.

scan0018.jpg

scan0019.jpg

Picture of the crew leading in the Christmas carols.

IMG_0754.jpg?t=1325964040

After that I went on a date with guy I met on the cruise ship. It was nice to chill in the galaxy listening to classical music.

I didn't stay out late because I still had to pack.

We received information on disembarkation. My aunt wanted them to carry out our luggage. I didn't I don't mind hauling my luggage around. She sat her luggage outside and our time was 9:30am.

scan0020.jpg

scan0021.jpg

I went to bed and was very excited to finally see my family on Christmas.

Today I was sad to leave the Spirit but happy to be able to spend sometime with mom and grandma.

I was surprised to find out people were able to get off the ship a little before 8am.

We got off around 9:15am. It was very smooth. There weren't really any lines. It was just as smooth to get off as it was to get on. Very happy with NCL and I plan on sticking with this company.

I drove home and got to my house around 2pm!

Thank you all for reading my review and I hope that maybe one day we can meet on a cruise in the near future.

My two sisters and I (all in our 50's) will be cruising on the Spirit in two weeks. Each of has separately cruised, but not one of us on Norwegian. I have so thoroughly enjoyed your reviews and views of your cruise. Following your diary made me feel that I was actually right there with you- I actually had tears in my eyes as I read through Day 7 knowing the cruise was over! LOL!

Thanks for the wonderful review, and lovely pix! Keep on writing girl!

Wow!! Awesome review....I'm planning on booking a cruise on the Spirit soon - it's a really spur of the moment kind of thing for my birthday, and it would be my first cruise - and I'm going solo, so reading this review makes me feel SO much better about this ship/itinerary.

Thank you for all the beautiful pictures and the video. I will be sailing on The Spirit next Sunday (the15th). This will be my second cruise on The Spirit. I can hardly wait.

Fantastic report, thanks for posting!

Wonderful post, I am all over the packing cubes, thanks for the info.

Thanks everyone for reading my review and I am happy that you are finding my review helpful for your vacation. Bon voyage everyone :)

Archived