Frustrated with Celebrity's site

Krazy Kruizers

I have Comcast.

How do I get Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?

I have no one to help me.

Will they mess up my Comast e-mails?

I've Frontier DSL and MSN mail. It's didn't mess up my MSN e-mail and it won't mess up your Comcast e-mails.

Here's the link to Google Chrome.

https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=ECSA&installdataindex=no-apps-yes-promo&hl=en&brand=CHFX&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-oa-na-us-bk-bng&utm_medium=oa

Link to Mozilla Firefox download.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Enjoy. :)

Its funny, bc this same exact thing happens sometimes when I'm trying to get on Disney's website. So irritating. It either shuts me down, or just blocks the site. I'm thinking its the internet gods saying stop looking-no more trips.

As far as Celeb, haven't had tech trouble with their site, but their site in general is just lousy. They have a good standard search 'engine' for cruises, but they don't showcase their ships very well, restaurants, etc. That site needs major updating. If you want detailed pics of the ships you need to search the internet for them.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing problems. It simply should not matter what browser you use, what your cache or cookies involve or who your ISP is...I have trouble whether at home on my little AOL service, using foxfire or IE and I also have trouble at work, a multi-million-dollar corporation with a robust internet infrastructure. So these problems are not the fault of the consumer.

AND...Not only is the site technologically frustrating, it is difficult to be sure the information presented there is correct. This was especially apparent to me when window dimensions were given for an inside cabin. This makes it difficult to trust ANYTHING I see there. I just use it (when I can stand the frustration) to get some general ideas.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing problems. It simply should not matter what browser you use, what your cache or cookies involve or who your ISP is...I have trouble whether at home on my little AOL service, using foxfire or IE and I also have trouble at work, a multi-million-dollar corporation with a robust internet infrastructure. So these problems are not the fault of the consumer.

AND...Not only is the site technologically frustrating, it is difficult to be sure the information presented there is correct. This was especially apparent to me when window dimensions were given for an inside cabin. This makes it difficult to trust ANYTHING I see there. I just use it (when I can stand the frustration) to get some general ideas.

Off topic, but I LOVE your screen name! Very clever.

• 2 weeks later...

My cruise is paid in full and for over one week now every time I try to look for available excursions I get a mesage that the site is under maintenance and to try back later. Called Captains Club and it took 30 minutes and three different people to come up with the answer "not sure when it will be back up".:rolleyes:

Guess they don;t want to take any more of my money.

Love Celebrity's on board experience. Despise their crappy web site.

ie 8

Hi KK, I have never seen you on the Celebrity site, only on the HAL site.

I just wanted to say that you should try a Solstice class ship. They are stunning. Most of the TA's are over Thanksgiving, so a number of ships should be in the Carribean this December.

The new Reflection is scheduled to arrive in the USA on December 1. We will be on the Solhouette TA that arrives in Florida in mid December.

Also, if this will be your first Celebrity cruise, see if your travel agent can get you in on the marketing promoton for first time Celebrity cruisers. I am not sure of the exact name but something like, "Elite for one Cruise". They will set you up for all the top tier benefits to try. This includes some free internet as well as a happy bour most days.

Celebrity's website is famous for not being user friendly. They don't seem to care.

My next cruise which is booked and paid for does not show up in my cruises and I cannot add it manually. I've had this problem before. Pointed it out to Celebrity. Obviously it hasn't been fixed.

I have very low expectations for Celebrity's website and Celebrity corporate. As I've said several times before--if shoreside actually operated the ships, they'd all be at the bottom of the ocean.

The Celebrity web site names the person responsible for Communications and Human Resources. He is:

Daniel J. Hanrahan

President & CEO

Celebrity Cruises

Dan Hanrahan was named president of Celebrity Cruises - the cruise line known for putting its guests at the center of attention - in February 2005, and in September 2007, was given the expanded title of president and CEO. Hanrahan also is responsible corporately for Human Resources, Corporate Communications and Supply Chain for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

I am currently providing feedback to Celebrity. I will be patient while waiting for a response. Staffing may be part of the communication problem.

Archived