Question about cruise fares...........

crusing48/51

DH and I are booked on the Legend February 19th out of Tampa. When I booked, it was too late for Early Saver rate. We got a Past Guest rate at the time of booking. Since then, the rate we paid has dropped $40 pp. I contacted my PVP, with no response, and I also called Carnival directly. The person I spoke with told me that we cannot get the difference as onboard credit, nor can we get any refund to our credit card. I thought we could get the difference credited up until two weeks prior to sail time, even with not having ES. Am I wrong?

Thanks for any information concerning this matter.

I think with that rate you only get price protection up to final payment. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

Thank you ok, I was afraid of that. Oh well, I'm happy with what we paid, or I wouldn't have booked it. Just wanted to try and save a few dollars. Every penny helps!

AGREE that you can only get price drops until final payment. It is only ES that allows price drop credit after final payment!

Thank you, I'm going to remember that it's only with ES.

$80 is a few DoD's so I don't blame you for trying!:)

Thanks sparks, that's what I thought!

You can upgrade your cabin for free if a category higher than what you booked is now priced at the fare you paid. Otherwise, there is no price protection for non-ES after final payment date.

Thanks AdGuy. I just looked at upgrading our cabin, but the only options are forward and aft. We really would like to keep our midship room. I'll keep checking though, you never know what may come available!

Archived