Carnival Liberty or RCI Freedom of the seas with infant

mustcruise1217

We are looking to book our next cruise but I am having a hard time choosing one. We went on our first cruise last year, a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream. It was amazing but DCL is just a bit too much $$$, especially since DH and DD don't care too much for Disney

By the time of the cruise it will be be DH, myself, DD8 and DD8months.

I am torn between Carnival Liberty and RCI Freedom of the Seas. Both have great itinerarys and fun looking ships. Carnival is about $1000 less than RCI, but it looks like Rci might be a better fit for DH and DD who will love all the activities. Is one or the other better for bringing an infant, as far as I can tell both have nurserys that are $ per hour that seem to have good reviews.

Both would be Eastern Caribbean

RCI- Cococay, St. Marteen, St. Thomas stops, 3 sea days

Carnival- Half Moon Cay, San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Turk-2 sea days

I like Carnival's itinerary better b/c there are port stops and less sea days but I think I like the Freedom of the Seas ship a bit better.

I like both options and it might turn out that we do one in 2013 and one in 2014. If that is the case is it better to try Carnival and then RCI?

I would love any advice- cruise ships, lines, pros and cons for infants/ kids, port stops, anything

Thanks!

I'm glad I posted. I must have misread about Carnival. They don't have anything until the kids are two, but they do change diapers. For some reason I thought they did have babysitting earlier. We will probably be sleeping by 10pm so that won't help.

I guess that changes things. FOS is looking pretty good right now.

Archived