Early Saver Rate Missing!!!

SardisGrandma

I've been trying to check the ES rate for my cruise May 27 on the Magic for couple of hours now. Its not there!!! Only the Fun Saver rate shows up. I'm checking rate for ocean view, 6L cabin for 2 travelers.

Ok who took it? C'mon fess up! Gonna try to check the fare viewer one more time then go to bed. I'll dream Carnival busy lowering the rate so much ... In the morning it'll be up & running showing I get 400 OBC. Lol

The Early Saver rate is only available for up to 5 months in advance for a seven day cruise. That means it was just pulled for your sailing. Now you have to check the rates for which you qualify (i.e. past guest if you are one, resident rates, fun select, etc.) and use those to price match the category that you are booked in. You can't use fun saver rates since those are for guarantee cabins and can't be used to match categories.

It's been missing from my sailing on the Fareviewer for a while now & I have no idea why.

My cat isn't sold out & I booked ES, I should be able to view my rate. Not that it would do me much good, cruise price has skyrocketed since we bought.

It's been missing from my sailing on the Fareviewer for a while now & I have no idea why.

My cat isn't sold out & I booked ES, I should be able to view my rate. Not that it would do me much good, cruise price has skyrocketed since we bought.

If this is the cruise in your sig, ES has gone away because your cruise is less than 5 months away. Price compare against other rates for your cabin.

Early saver rates are already gone for the 1A cabins on the Breeze next November. They can only be booked Fun Select. Seems they only offer so many cabins at the early saver rate.

I've noticed this before, too. If you read the fine print, you'll probably find that ES is capacity-controlled. Keep checking though - they might show up again before ES expires.

On my Magic sailing in August 2012 some room categories have never been listed under ES. We have two rooms, an 8A booked under PG, and a 9C under ES. The 8As were never available ES and we booked a year in advance.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Early Saver and Past Guest rates are definitely capacity controlled. This is per Carnival reps a few months ago.

Its listed as such on their website

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/termsandconditions.aspx

Early Saver:

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking for all guests to secure confirmed accommodations. Fares are backed by a unique price protection policy. Full names are required for each guest. Offer is valid for new bookings only and is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. Available on sailings 3 months prior to sail date for short cruises (5 days or less) and available on sailings 5 months prior to sail date for long cruises (6 days or longer). Savings are based on Fun Select rates and vary by sailings. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. No name changes are allowed. A $50 service fee will be assessed per person for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to the final payment due date. Cancellation penalties apply. Please refer to the cruise ticket contract for additional terms and conditions.

The 8E ES rate for the 9/15/2012 sailing on the Liberty disappeared in early December, 9 months before the cruise! I can only assume that since there are only a few cabins left on Lido they took it away....it was $200 less, now it is more...still, I want the only cabin I have never booked on the Liberty....

I've been lucky to have the ES rate go down once for the last cruise. Other than that, I haven't had any luck with ES rates..

Archived