NOLA-Hilton Riverside or Drury Inn

Setme2sail

Need thought and suggestions. We have a group of 11 and need 3 rooms pre cruise. The Hilton is $923(3 rooms) and Drury is $766(3 rooms). The cost difference is $157.

I have heard that you can walk from Hilton through mall to cruise terminal, which would save cab fare. My DH is driving down so he will take luggage to cruise drop & park.

But Drury Inn includes breakfast & 530 drinks/snacks. But we will have cab fare expense to cruise terminal.

Please give ideas on which to choose. There are 7 adults & 4 children and we are in NOLA April 28th, if that helps. Thanks:)

Are these rates for cruise parking?? If you dont need cruise parking, then way too high.

personally, I LOVED the Drury. I also walked to the port from there. Its only a few blocks further than the other hotel, and a taxi is $7 pp to the port, so I would not pay extra to get a convention hotel.

I do have a convention hotel booked I chanced upon yesterday. Mariott for $159 .. and today the rate is UP. I hope my booking is safe. I think its a mistake, but they will honor it. Parking, $10 starbucks card, and a free coupon booklet.

I have the Holiday Inn airport for $164 which has a lot of freebies included if you want some other options with parking.

Those rates sound high .. as bad as my date when there is a bowl game at the superdome (Drury is blacked out my date, not even a choice). The drinks at Drury are strong, 24/7 free pop machine is nice with the kids. breakfast was unusually good for a free breakfast. We were there right before Christmas and Drury did it up NICE. I just love the huge rooms, 20 foot ceilings by the windows .. just a nice place to stay.

We stayed at the Drury Inn when we celebrated my mom's 90th birthday. We loved it. As Firefly reported, the rooms are huge & have tall windows. Besides free alcoholic drinks for their happy hour, they also serve free appetizers. They have a pool & whirlpool on the roof & the trolley passes by the hotel. We walked to Bourbon Street, Harrah's, etc. Further, customer service was excellent.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks to both for response. Just booked Drury Inn at $219/room. That rate is not cruise & park but the JazzFest is on Saturday and most rooms are booked. We could spend less further out but want to be within walking distance of FQ, we picked this cruise because of port. It's like 2 vacations in one:). Just hope our kids, 20/30ish don't celebrate too much night before, cuz Mom will wave to them if they miss ship:D

Drury comes highly recommended by cruisers on this board...and I highly agree. Although we did have a problem when we stayed there in September, they were quick to fix and compensate. The staff was WONDERFUL and the food was good enough for us. The drinks were GREAT and we saved a lot of money.

If you are interested in my review, here is a link : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30652757&postcount=2

Second half: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30652839&postcount=3

(at the bottom of the review is a link to pictures I took while there)

Thanks Mitsugirly. Just another confirmation that I made the right choice. Where did you eat dinner? We are looking for Seafood/New Orleans type food but not anything $$ or fancy. We have 4 children ages 2 to 12 and need place with options for kids. Had someone recommend Acme Seafood, any ideas, Thanks:)

Thanks Mitsugirly. Just another confirmation that I made the right choice. Where did you eat dinner? We are looking for Seafood/New Orleans type food but not anything $$ or fancy. We have 4 children ages 2 to 12 and need place with options for kids. Had someone recommend Acme Seafood, any ideas, Thanks:)

We ate at Drury. We didn't want to spend any more money than we had to (more $$ for things we wanted to do on the cruise)...which is why we picked Drury to begin with...the free food at night and free breakfast. :)

Archived