Le Champagne - confusion with the wines (!!)

machotspur

• 1 month later...

I promised on another thread to update here, after I was at a guest at a VS event here in the UK last week.

We were told that the following is now 'ship-wide'.

There is still a charge of $30 per head. The included wines are now offered in Le Champagne. The Connoisseur's List is available to those who wish to make a selection from it.

What was not clear to the marketing staff, as asked by a fellow guest during the presentation, is whether the dégustation wine pairing menu at $200 is still available. We were told that it is not, but then the person speaking said that she wasn't 100% sure about that :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

I am going on the Shadow on 4/25 and I just inquired what the current policy is. I was told that the $200 option is not available any longer. The only option is the $30 per person fee with no ability to get the complimentary wines.

I guess I will find out the true story on board.

I am going on the Shadow on 4/25 and I just inquired what the current policy is. I was told that the $200 option is not available any longer. The only option is the $30 per person fee with no ability to get the complimentary wines.

I actually like that option as a compromise...no house wines, pay $30 per person fee and order from the Connoisseurs List if you'd like to have wine. We found the Connoisseurs List to have a wide variety, fair prices and we could pick a wine to complement that evening's menu. To me, the house wines just don't match the caliber of the cuisine. That might avoid what WRIPRO mentioned: "Le Champagne will just become an outpost of the main restaurant."

Not to get off topic, but over the past year we've noticed the retail price of the widely-poured house wines hovering around $9 - 11, rather than the old days of approximately $15, and if you asked for something specific, the better stuff at $20. Personally, I don't think the widely-poured wines I've seen as of late are well-suited for Le Champagne.

Just my thoughts/opinion....

:)

First part true, however all the complimentary wines are available. Actually tried Le Champagne for one evening on the Cloud and had a very nice meal. Not sure if it was worth the $30 cover charge, however the food quality was very good, everything came on hot plates and there was an excellent soufle. Its also somewhat quieter than the MDR.

Archived