Just want to drink Red Stripe and Eat Jerk Chicken

cruiser1956

Red stripe will be no problem to find in Falmouth at any bar/supermarket you go into. Jerked chicken however, hmmm, might be a bit more difficult. If you want the really good kind chances are you'll have to go to mobay (nearby) as mentioned above, but you should be able to find some at some of the resturants around the city if you search hard enough lol. Juci beef nearby the port (about 7 mins walk) might have some you can get with lunch.

Thanks for the information. I found a place called Peppers online, looks like just the ticket. Divey little place. Metal roof, cold beer. It is said to be at 20 Duke Street. West of King Street. Does anyone happen to know if that is walking distance, and if so, how far? I am not too worried about the walk there, more the stumble back?

Thanks for the information. I found a place called Peppers online, looks like just the ticket. Divey little place. Metal roof, cold beer. It is said to be at 20 Duke Street. West of King Street. Does anyone happen to know if that is walking distance, and if so, how far? I am not too worried about the walk there, more the stumble back?

lol, I have no clue about where those streets are lol. When do you get here? If I happen to take a drive to falmouth again before you get here I'll find out for ya.

crazy1here,

Valentines day, February 14th I will be visiting the fun filled falmouth.

Captain_BJ, you may be right, I am a bit of a whimp. I may just have to try a Dragon, depending on what crazy1here says about the walk back!

Thanks for the reply's.

I've booked a beach package from http://www.mytimenplace.com which includes transportation to/from port in Falmouth & then you can choose what else to add.

I'm doing the Silver Package $35/pp, includes transportation, 1 beer or juice & Jerk Chicken Lunch.

This is supposed to be a "real" Jamaican beach bar, not an all-inclusive hotel that could be anywhere...

"How Stella Got Her Groove Back" bar scene was filmed there!

Pork Pit is closer than Scotchies. Right near Hip Strip. Good jerk and beer.

lol, this depends on which port youre coming from :P. Scotchies is much nicer tho imo.

However, he's in falmouth and not Mobay, so neither are "close" to him.

• 2 weeks later...
how would you get to both? Taxi? shuttle?

do you have any idea of prices for these.

thanks for any info:)

Taxi would be best since you can just ask him to stop, dont know if the shuttle has scheduled stops there (scotches)

Taxi from Falmouth to Dr. Cave is $110 round trip 1-4 people I believe.

So......if we have 6 people (I am assuming taxi will be ~$175 for 6), does anyone know if we would also pay for wait time for the taxi while dining at Scotchies? Or is it easy to get a taxi to get us after lunch at Scotchies?

I wonder if there's a tour company who will offer these two things together for one set price for the day?

So......if we have 6 people (I am assuming taxi will be ~$175 for 6), does anyone know if we would also pay for wait time for the taxi while dining at Scotchies? Or is it easy to get a taxi to get us after lunch at Scotchies?

I wonder if there's a tour company who will offer these two things together for one set price for the day?

We used Patrice, her van holds 6.......http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1515939

Archived