Luggage question....

CrimsonQueen

When we disembark in Miami, our return flight home doesn't leave until 5:55 P.M. (so we can't take advantage of Luggage Express). Since we can't leave our luggage unattended at the airport, are any of you aware of a place we can "store it" until we go to the airport that evening? We wanted to try and see some of the city before we left that day, without luggage in tow......

Thanks!

When we disembark in Miami, our return flight home doesn't leave until 5:55 P.M. (so we can't take advantage of Luggage Express). Since we can't leave our luggage unattended at the airport, are any of you aware of a place we can "store it" until we go to the airport that evening? We wanted to try and see some of the city before we left that day, without luggage in tow......

Thanks!

Why cant you use luggage express? I used it once when we had a 6:00 pm flight with no problems

There is always the option of a post cruise excursion. The options are usually a City Tour, South Beach, or Aquarium.

You get off the ship and board a tour bus. Your luggage is stowed under the bus. You go on the tour and reboard the bus. The bus then goes to the airport. Usually gets to the airport around 1:30 to 2:00. Get off the bus, grab the luggage.

A "bus excursion" is an option, although we wanted to try and see the city on our own.....

How are you going to see it on your own? Rent a car? Then the rental car is where you store the luggage.

I HIGHLY recommend the city tour by bus. Not only do you get to see some wonderful sites, but the driver also talks history and trivia along the way. Not only will you see Miami, but you also go to Coral Gables, make a stop in little Havana, South Beach,,,,etc.

Anytime I visit a new city for the 1st time, I take a guided tour. I see so much and learn so much that I never would have gotten on my own. Then the next visit, I'm a little more educated, and can explore a little bit on my own.

How are you going to see it on your own? Rent a car? Then the rental car is where you store the luggage.

I HIGHLY recommend the city tour by bus. Not only do you get to see some wonderful sites, but the driver also talks history and trivia along the way. Not only will you see Miami, but you also go to Coral Gables, make a stop in little Havana, South Beach,,,,etc.

Anytime I visit a new city for the 1st time, I take a guided tour. I see so much and learn so much that I never would have gotten on my own. Then the next visit, I'm a little more educated, and can explore a little bit on my own.

I think you may be correct...thanks for the suggestion!

We have had late flights out of MIA twice. I don't think as late as you but thats not the point....

The first time when we went to hail a cad we asked if they would be willing to give us a tour before heading to he airport. He said yes and we worked a price. It was a great time. He took us to quite a few spot ( a few we asked to see and most his choosing) he took us to a upscale shopping area and let us go walk around and do some window shopping. He did what ever we asked. It was a lot of fun!!

The second time we did a tour sponsered through CCL and went to a swamp and did a airboat tour. This was fun too.

I sure hope I can find something like this in NOLA in Feb as we have a late afternoon flight out.

just my personal expreience that your luggage is not unattended. You never touch your luggage again until you reach your home airport. Carnival checks in your luggae direct with your airline and you are done. You will be fine with a late departure so long the airline participates in the program.

just my personal expreience that your luggage is not unattended. You never touch your luggage again until you reach your home airport. Carnival checks in your luggae direct with your airline and you are done. You will be fine with a late departure so long the airline participates in the program.

It is my understanding that if my luggage is at the airport, I have to be there as well. However, I will call Southwest tomorrow and either confirm that, or be one happy camper :D

I do know that if you are doing Luggage Express through Carnival, you cannot also have an excursion through Carnival at your disembarkation site.....again, I think, because you must also be at the airport where your luggage is.

I will contact Southwest tomorrow, and let you know.

Another option is/was Bayside.

As of a year ago there was a tourist kiosk right in front where the cabs drop you off at Bayside. They will store your luggage for you and they also sell tours.

I didn't know this....we are staying (pre-cruise) at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside. Great idea!

We are flying Southwest, and it is my understanding that your luggage cannot be left unattended at the airport for any length of time...Homeland Security.

A "bus excursion" is an option, although we wanted to try and see the city on our own.....

I have our LE papers from POM and the specified times for using LE is for flights between 11:30am and 23:59. from MIA and 14:00 to 23:59 from FLL.

Southwest however is NOT listed as an option from MIA but it is from FLL.

So never mind then .. but then again that could change.

The luggage is not left unattended at the airports it arrives there and it sent to the appropriate airline luggage area.

I just checked with Southwest regarding my orginal question, and they said Carnival could check my bags, and I did not have to be at the airport at that time. So....great news! We will be able to take a self guided tour without worrying what to do with our luggage.

I hope this helps someone else.

Archived