On Carnival..is Eearly Saver right for solos?

SMSACE6

I have never booked ES on Carnival before, but have been offered it on Carnival recently by last rep I spoke to. Some of my Carnival cruises have been solo and others not, but those solo cruises have not been ES. Im just leery about it. My next Carnival cruise will be as a solo traveller, but I am confused about Early Saver. And my inner self says dont go there! Anyone have any advice?

I booked early saver. It was too good a rate to pass up. I could have also added a second person to my room (within a couple days of sailing)with only additional taxes due to Carnival since I paid for two. The rate was so low that it only dropped a week before my cruise when they offered a quick pack&Go rate that only lasted about 24 hours. I did get an onboard credit for the difference. Book it before the good rate disappears!! Enjoy.

I also book Carnival early saver solo all the time. A couple of times I have added someone at the last minute only paying the additional taxes. Their early saver, even though you are paying 200%, almost always beats the other cruise lines fares.

My advice is to not book under an early saver promotion unless you are certain you will not be cancelling or making any changes to your reservation. There is a $50 charge per person just to make a cabin change. If you need to cancel your reservation, even before final payment, your deposit is non-refundable and you are charged a cancellation fee of $50 per person. Not worth the hassle in my opinion.

My advice is to not book under an early saver promotion unless you are certain you will not be cancelling or making any changes to your reservation. There is a $50 charge per person just to make a cabin change. If you need to cancel your reservation, even before final payment, your deposit is non-refundable and you are charged a cancellation fee of $50 per person. Not worth the hassle in my opinion.

You can change cabins with ES without incurring a penalty, you just cant downgrade. Its a rate with lots of restriction, but with the huge advantage of getting price protection up to 2 days before sailing. I have gotten OBC ranging from $100-250, so it has worked for me, especially since the rate was very low at the time I booked.

I did have to cancel a ES once, but insurance covered the $50 and I knew I would sail with Carnival within 2 years. Actually, using the credit for a cruise this weekend.

For people that book and change their minds often, its not a good idea to use ES

I have never booked ES on Carnival before, but have been offered it on Carnival recently by last rep I spoke to. Some of my Carnival cruises have been solo and others not, but those solo cruises have not been ES. Im just leery about it. My next Carnival cruise will be as a solo traveller, but I am confused about Early Saver. And my inner self says dont go there! Anyone have any advice?

Learn to ignore your inner self just this once, and go for it.

I got a $100 price drop on my last solo ES.

The only potential drawback (other than the $50 fee you'll pay if you change ships/dates) is that, because name changes aren't allowed for ES, you'll actually have to take the ES cruise solo, even if you change ships/dates.

No biggie for me - the change fee sure isn't a deal killer if it comes to that, and if I had never cruised solo, I still wouldn't know exactly how relaxing a vacation can be.

Archived