Costa Allegra 'model'.

jonad

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me....we've done 6 cruises on Costa with 3 being on the Allegra (our favourite little ship). We are Costa members so have gradually increased our status, so that we have now received ship models of the Classica, Atlantica and Mediterranea......we would love the Allegra as our first 3 cruises were aboard her....any idea how to obtain one, with actually cruising on her again. Otherwise we may be 'forced' to do so again....

Thanks all....

Jonad,

There are two good places to get ship models (besides cruising again).

Here on CC and ebay (worldwide), I was watching ebay auctions for Costa ships a couple of years ago, the prices are in the range €30 to €60 depending on the model (Mediterranea is a popular one).

Ron

Thanks Ron

Had feeling you'd reply...as you are always 'in the know".

Thanks for the info...now we'll have to weigh up whether to spend 60 euro or take another cruise....decisions, decisions.....

Hope you are on the mend...you caused a bit of stir with your absence.

Happy New Year.

Go on Nadia - be a devil do another cruise:D:D:D Much better to get a "genuine" model from the cruise line. (Though the way you are going - they could just hand you the ship !!!)

Have a "HAPPY CRUISE YEAR" and best wishes to you both for 2012.

The ship models are currently given to Pearl and Goldpearl club members at the end of a cruise, obviously the model of that ship. I've sometimes seen for sale in the logo shops models of other Costa ships as well so you may be able to find an Allegra model that way. Ask the shop clerk - they may have them stowed away somewhere.

We have 3 Costa models,lead, Alegra, Delizosa, and the Pacifica.Plus a set of prints showing the early Costa cruise ships Anna C-Enrico C-Carla C- Franca C. all courtesy of the Costa CLub.

On our return through Gatwick from the Pacifica, the scanner could not identify the shape of the model so we had to unpack our hand baggage to show what it was. We do not know what ship we will be on next Costa cruise, we will just keep building up the collection.

Nadia,

There is an auction on ebay - Italy for a real model (pewter not plastic) of the Costa Allegra (very good condition), 3 days to go, starting price €50.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320821711703?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D320821711703%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Ron

Thanks Ron.

I looked on ebay some time ago and couldn't find any, perhaps I was in the wrong section (I'm not too cluey on ebay!!)

I notice though that model is 'gold' coloured whereas mine are silver/pewter.

Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Brian, you got me all excited when I read your first line....I thought you were going to say you didn't want the Allegra model.....:p

jonad. I asked the Sweetness if she still wanted the model, she said yes.I thought she may have saiod no, as she did not like the actial ship much.But it keeps the book shelf tidy. I ahve 2 sets of the prints if you are interested, they are quite good.

Thanks tjandluke, but I have a feeling we'll be on the Allegra again someday!!

Thanks to you also Brian, but it was only the ship I wanted to go with the others. I must admit I wasn't that excited to receive the first one, but now we have three I want the one thats missing....:eek:

Archived