Uh-oh... Flying in 4 days

nutley chick

Well we are home... They sliced, drained and packed it. :eek: Now we go back Tuesday to remove the packing. She never, she's 22, cried so much in pain as she did tonight. It ripped my heart out :( BUT she feels so much better already!

Thank you everyone for helping me through this.

We will be sailing Thursday! :D:D:

Yay!!!

I know that she will feel even better when she gets in the sunshine. Enjoy!! ;) :D

• 4 weeks later...

is driving an option? Looks like you are in Jersey...can you jump in the car and drive to your departure port? Maybe your friend can lie in the backseat or wherever they can get comfortable?

You would be out your airfare but not the entire trip.

is driving an option? Looks like you are in Jersey...can you jump in the car and drive to your departure port? Maybe your friend can lie in the backseat or wherever they can get comfortable?

You would be out your airfare but not the entire trip.

cruise is over and done. Was hoping for an update.:)

OP please have your friend talk to the doctor about travel. The one thing I have to say is, I've worked infectious med before and your friend will be at HUGE risk to catch bad staff infections if exposed in a hot tub or pool. I think the ocean should be ok because it's salt water, but an Infectious Disease MD would know more about that.

I say this because I had a patient once that decided after a knee scope he would jump into the river they were boating in. The knee was almost healed.

Within a few weeks he was in our hospital for well over a month, bad staff infection and that little scope hole opened up so the whole entire lower leg looked like a shark bite, he was responding and did not lose his leg, but he was young (45) and healthy otherwise.

Good Luck and I hope your friend feels better and stays healthy!!

Carole

We leave for Miami on Wednesday, sailing on Thursday and someone in our group can't sit down at all. They have an abscess on their tailbone that hurts tremendously. Went to the hospital yesterday and is now taking lots of antibiotics and some pain killers. Been doing the hot compresses and waiting for it to come to a head. PLEASE PRAY THAT IT DOES SOON. if not, they have an appointment with a surgeon on Tuesday to have it cut and drained. This will put a damper on our vacation to say the least.

P.S- If this person knew that I posted this here they would kill me but I'm hoping someone has some quick fixes for these type of things.

If you happen to be n our roll call and we meet at the meet and greet, PLEASE PLEASE don't mention this. lol. I'm going to be so dead.

A REAL friend would suck the poison out. :D

Hi Tassycat, thanks for asking about my daughter. Now that the cruise is over and I don't fear one of you asking her how her butt is, I can confirm that it is my daughter (22) and not a friend.

The trip went fine and we all had a blast. She felt 1000 times better as soon as they removed the packing. She didn't go in any of the pools or hot tubs but I don't think she would have either way. So that was no big deal. She did go in the ocean in Mexico, and loved it and was amazed at seeing fish swimming right there with her.

Thanks again for asking, I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived