America's Cup Excursion

Lessum

Has anyone done the America's Cup Excursion and NOT booked it through their cruise ship but booked it privately? I ask because we are in port from 8-6 that day and the only time offered through our ship is 1145-245 - right in the middle of the day - which seems kind of ridiculous! I would rather do morning or afternoon so that I can do something else on the other time.

Thanks!

Has anyone done the America's Cup Excursion and NOT booked it through their cruise ship but booked it privately? I ask because we are in port from 8-6 that day and the only time offered through our ship is 1145-245 - right in the middle of the day - which seems kind of ridiculous! I would rather do morning or afternoon so that I can do something else on the other time.

Thanks!

I haven't. When we were looking into this excursion, I contacted the tour company directly (because we also wanted a different time than the one offered by the cruise line), but I identified I was on a cruise. They told me I had to go through the cruise line to book. Money is money so they may have changed their minds if I told them I wouldn't book if I had to do that, but we decided on a different excursion instead. Good luck! This looks like a great excursion and one I definitely would like to do on a future cruise.

I booked it privately when I was in St Martin for a week. They wouldn't guarantee me a spot until all the cruise lines arrived since they get first choice. Then they called me at the last minute to say there was an opening.

So I went on the website for the company that runs these excursions. Their website says they have an 830, 10, 1145 and some afternoon (don't remember as I wasn't as interested). I sent in a "booking request" and they emailed me back stating I had to go through my cruise ship. I emailed them back stating I went to them as I wanted an earlier time and Carnival is only offering 1145. They said they allot one time to each ship. That day the do not have an 830 and the 10 is allocated to another ship. She said when it gets closer she may be able to move me but no guarantees....

Not sure what to do...really want to do this excursion but just not sure what I would do with the rest of my time. The excursion is 1145-215. We are in port 8-6. Any suggestions????

Thanks!!

We will be in St. thomas on Feb. 15 2012 on the Holland America line. They do not appear to offer this excursion. My wife and I have book this on other cruise lines and are looking forward to doing it again. Does any one have an idea how I might do this or who I may contact?

The websiter is www.12metre.com

However from what she said...each time slot is allotted to one ship per day. IF there are any leftover spots available they open them to the public that day. You can go on the website and do a booking request and they will get back to you. She will know that it is not offered with your ship. They were very fast to get back to me after the booking request.

Good luck. I am still debating. My parents did this and said it was one of the best excursions they have ever been on. My only problem is what do with with my "broken up" day if I choose to do it at 1145am.

We will be in St. thomas on Feb. 15 2012 on the Holland America line. They do not appear to offer this excursion. My wife and I have book this on other cruise lines and are looking forward to doing it again. Does any one have an idea how I might do this or who I may contact?

This excursion is in St. Martin, not St Thomas. We are sailing on HAL at the end of Feb, and have this excursion booked through them. If you are unable to book it in St. Martin, it could be that it's full and you could contact the cruise line to put your name on its waiting list.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from a Celebrity cruise where we did this excursion. It was one of the best excursions we've ever done. I'm an experienced sailor and I got to sail the boat back to the harbor when the race was done. What a thrill.

This trip is well organized, and when there are 5 or 6 ships calling in St. Martin, the excursion is run at least 5 times a day. They charged $89 on our cruise.

hint: If you are NOT a high-energy person, don't volunteer to be a grinder.

Just came back from a Celebrity cruise where we did this excursion. It was one of the best excursions we've ever done. I'm an experienced sailor and I got to sail the boat back to the harbor when the race was done. What a thrill.

This trip is well organized, and when there are 5 or 6 ships calling in St. Martin, the excursion is run at least 5 times a day. They charged $89 on our cruise.

hint: If you are NOT a high-energy person, don't volunteer to be a grinder.

Which yacht did you sail.

Did you win the race?

We were on Canada II, and yes, we won. But I wouldn't care if the whole race thing was staged, it was a fantastic experience. This was only the 3rd ship's excursion we've book in more than 15 cruises. There was no other way to do it. And we've so glad we did.

We were on Canada II, and yes, we won. But I wouldn't care if the whole race thing was staged, it was a fantastic experience. This was only the 3rd ship's excursion we've book in more than 15 cruises. There was no other way to do it. And we've so glad we did.

Shopping, touring, beaches .... hey, you did one, did 'em all.

Nothing like the ACYR. We did it in 2009, were back in St. Martin in 2011, did NOT do it, and was so sorry we didn't.

If you ever do San Juan, Segway tour was unique. My second most favorite excursion.

Archived