Parking Port of Tampa

93beachbum

Looking for some cheaper parking at the Port of Tampa. Been looking online, and haven't seen alot of options. If any at all besides the channelside garage. Anyone have any luck that is convienant , quick, secure, and safe. Never been to this port, but it doesn't look like its in a very good neighborhood like FLL or Canaveral.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

The Port of Tampa is at the Channelside complex. The downtown area is fairly nice. We sailed from Tampa in October and parked at the Sheraton (we spent one night there prior to our cruise). They charged $5 per day for secure, valet parking and provided a shuttle to the ship and back. The hotel is close enough you could walk if you wanted to (and pack light...haha). Not sure if they offer the option to park without a hotel stay, but worth a phone call to check. Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk.

Slight correction, it is premierparkingusa.com. You do not have to leave your keys (according to the FAQ's) and it is $5.99/day plus a processing fee and tax - my four night cruise on Jewel OTS would cost $30.64. But you might want to check this other thread; even though it pertains to the Ft Lauderdale location, it is the same company:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1349464

I'm not so sure it is a great idea, I have driven past that address daily for 3+ years and never noticed a sign, but maybe they are new?

Liz

Slight correction, it is premierparkingusa.com. You do not have to leave your keys (according to the FAQ's) and it is $5.99/day plus a processing fee and tax - my four night cruise on Jewel OTS would cost $30.64. But you might want to check this other thread; even though it pertains to the Ft Lauderdale location, it is the same company:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1349464

I'm not so sure it is a great idea, I have driven past that address daily for 3+ years and never noticed a sign, but maybe they are new?

Liz

I researched this place a few months ago and the reviews were terrible. The lot is very small. There is no way (unless you are very fortunate) that you will be in the lot by the port. If I recall, you will be vanned to another lot, then have to wait for another van to take you to the port (one van that holds maybe 12 people with 50 people waiting) then people have stated they are dropped off blocks from the port.

I'll be parking at the port for my cruise. ;)

Archived