Chef's Table - Spoilers, Photos and Review

italianfemmy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just got my email letting me know I will be able to attend the Chef's Table dining during our Cruise on the Triumph March 13th week. I am very excited after reading your review and seeing all the photos. Beautiful pictures you took!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We just enjoyed the chef's table on our cruise April 18 on the Conquest. To say it was an incredible evening of the most fantastic food I've eaten is an understatement. You are waited on by a team of waiters and the sous chef explains all of the food. We celebrated our 30th anniversary with this, and thought it was a highlight of the entire cruise.

We just enjoyed the chef's table on our cruise April 18 on the Conquest. To say it was an incredible evening of the most fantastic food I've eaten is an understatement. You are waited on by a team of waiters and the sous chef explains all of the food. We celebrated our 30th anniversary with this, and thought it was a highlight of the entire cruise.

Do you happen to have the menu?

I so agree on the "highlight of our cruise" observation. I am particularly excited that we will experience the new menu this summer.

Happy cruising.

I think I'm the one responsible for bringing up this old post, I was researching chef's table and found this thread...not a big deal to bring it back up as others didn't know about it.

Darwal thanks for sharing this, and OP thanks for the amazing review and even more amazing photography. You are a true professional!

Personally, after dining in Michelin starred restaurants in Manhattan and Paris, I thought the CT experience had all the pomp and presentation but the food lacked quality. For example, the filet mignon I had in the Steakhouse for $35 was much more flavorful and tender than the one for $75 at CT. That said, I also recommend the CT experience, as you can see from the photos there's a lot going on and it is beautiful and tasty. Just don't expect a Michelin experience when it comes to food quality. Preparation, yes, service, yes - but the chef can only do what (s)he can do with what food Carnival provides.

For better-tasting food, I recommend Steakhouse.

• 1 month later...
My husband and I are scheduled to enjoy The Chef's Table on the Sunshine next November 2018. I don't know if the menu will be the same but the experience sounds like it is worth every single penny.

It was for us. As soon as I returned from our cruise I requested reservations for our next one. It was an amazing experience.

One word of unrequested advice is that if you don't enjoy the first bite of anything served, put it aside and wait for the next course. There's plenty served for nearly any taste, you won't leave hungry, and there's lots of fun in store.

By far the best money I've spent on a Carnival "excursion."

• 9 months later...
OP has not posted in a long time. She is a professional photographer. Hopefully, she and her wife are doing well and maybe she is lurking. If so, hello neighbor to my north.

I am back :) Sadly my paid account expired for photobucket so all of my photos on all of my reviews no longer show up which is super sad! :( I remember you though :) I just booked Carnival Glory leaving May 5th today so of course I am back on Cruise Critic :D I have had not so good luck with my health the last few years so I never did finish my Breeze review. Not sure if I will do one for the Glory or not. We'll see :)

I am back :) Sadly my paid account expired for photobucket so all of my photos on all of my reviews no longer show up which is super sad! :( I remember you though :) I just booked Carnival Glory leaving May 5th today so of course I am back on Cruise Critic :D I have had not so good luck with my health the last few years so I never did finish my Breeze review. Not sure if I will do one for the Glory or not. We'll see :)

Hi Alicia. I no longer have social media and lost all phone numbers . I'm working in your area. Sorry to hear about your health. Are you still doing photography? Sad Bout your pics cause they were super great. This is a blast from the past.

Hi Alicia. I no longer have social media and lost all phone numbers . I'm working in your area. Sorry to hear about your health. Are you still doing photography? Sad Bout your pics cause they were super great. This is a blast from the past.

I am still doing photography a little here and there but have taken some time off as I have needed to focus on healing. I have lupus among other stuff and have been in and out of a wheelchair over the past year. It's been rough but I am alive, my friend. And that keeps me going! How are you?