Will NCL allow a 5th person (infant) in a 4 person cabin?

jmrothermel

We have a cruise booked in November with RCL on the Explorer, but after reading some recent reviews I'm starting to get really really nervous about it. I have sailed with both Carnival and RCL, and was thinking on trying out the NCL line. However, we have two staterooms booked, one for four people and one for five people. The one that has five people contains my daughter who is an infant, so we wouldn't have to spill over into a third room. Does anyone know if NCL will do the same? I tried calling them, but unlike RCL they seem to be taking some time off for the holiday :p. Thanks!

I was planning on booking either two mini-suites or two family balconies. I was trying to stay around ~8,000 or less for the cruise fare for 9 people. Sailing around the end of Nov. or beginning of December - I'm totally flexible :)

ETA: I guess I should add that we're doing the 9 day cruise from New York LOL

I realize that infants count as a person, which is why I pay as much for my daughter as I do for my other children (well on RCL anyway - I do notice she is cheaper on NCL...that is nice!). I'm not quite sure how they "get away" with putting her in a four person room - is it cruise line specific then? We are booked in a regular D1 (for those familiar with RCL (Rooms 9620 and 9622 on the Explorer), definitely 4 person max rooms. They got permission to override the max in the room since she's an infant, they told me as long as there is room on the ship itself, thats the real number they have to stay under. We also did the same thing on the Enchantment in April when we took her.

I dont know to be honest - if only Royal Caribbean does it or what. Since NCL is closed I just thought I'd check here and see if anyone knew.

Thanks for the link, I'll check out the Dawn :)

I'll check out the Dawn :)

How about the SJ suites on Dawn - they are new and will accomodate 6 people. They do not have balcony but one whole side of ceiling to floor windows. That's why they are cheaper than balcony suites.

Bottom line - they will not allow 5th in a 4 berth cabins - lifeboat space.

Archived