Red Sea Magic 1st timer help appreciated.

I am going on Thomson Celebration on 26th January on Red Sea Magic. This is my 1st time so I do not know the ropes at all. I will be staying in a suite with my wife. Are dining options flexible, does it cost more to dine a la carte? All info appreciated.

Dining in the main dining room is open seating. This means that you can dine at any time in the evening up until about 9.30. there is no extra charge for this

To dine al la carte in "mistrals" there is a cover charge of about £15-20 pp

have a great cruise, we are doing the same itinery the week before you

Personally I would try the Main Dining Room first to see if that is OK for you...before you pay out for the speciality restaurant......we have always found the Main dining Room to be fine and there has been no need to dine anywhere else.

This is an excellent itinerary with the highlight for us being the trip to Petra...the trips might seem expensive but they are 'once in a lifetime' experiences and well worth the cost...we have also been to Cairo + the pyramids from Port Sokhna ..again well worth the cost....however we did not do the trip to Luxor as we were going on a Nile cruise later so knew we would see the sights then.....this is a long trip and there is no way you could see all in a day and there will be shorter trips, to Hurghada and elsewhere, to fill the time in Safaga if you too felt Luxor was too much to do in a day.:)

Personally I would try the Main Dining Room first to see if that is OK for you...before you pay out for the speciality restaurant......we have always found the Main dining Room to be fine and there has been no need to dine anywhere else.

This is an excellent itinerary with the highlight for us being the trip to Petra...the trips might seem expensive but they are 'once in a lifetime' experiences and well worth the cost...we have also been to Cairo + the pyramids from Port Sokhna ..again well worth the cost....however we did not do the trip to Luxor as we were going on a Nile cruise later so knew we would see the sights then.....this is a long trip and there is no way you could see all in a day and there will be shorter trips, to Hurghada and elsewhere, to fill the time in Safaga if you too felt Luxor was too much to do in a day.:)

I agree with jenny's advice. We also did the Wadi Rum half-day excursion which we thought was great. I had imagined a ride through the desert would be all sune dunes and a bit 'samey' all the way but in fact it was really interesting and varied and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for all the advice. It is the Jordan excursions we are more interested in as we have been in Egypt 4 times and have stayed in Cairo, did a 4 day Nile cruise on Oderoi Philae and a 3 day cruise on Lake Nasser in Kasr Ibhrim.

Brian

Oh well there's no problem then....make the most of Jordan and chill out for the rest of the week!!!! :) We have done this itinerary twice and enjoyed the experience of old Hurghada although of course we got pestered ...but that's par for the course.....we also went to a hotel resort close to Safaga for a beach day which was nice....hotel pool and also private beach with sunbeds and umbrellas and water sports close by....several years ago now so may not be one of the available trips. We have also had an enjoyable day on a near empty ship at Port Sokhna whilst most passengers went to Cairo :)

Archived