Just got back from Eclipse... some thoughts.

M.R.X.

Qsine - dessert menu is similar to a rubic's cube - but you don't have to solve it. They also have an iPad as a menu. Hit the menu switch and go to the notes on it, folks have been leaving hidden reviews and messages in the notes. On the two iPads at our table, the notes were about 5:1 negative to positive. Maybe the iPad savvy folks were the ones who didn't like Qsine - or those who liked it didn't leave notes usually.

Our cruise was very full, and by day two or three all the specialties had been sold out. I'd take advantage of walking around the whole ship and looking into the restaurants (just walk in, no one will stop you - and they will gladly describe the experience to you we found) on your departure day. If you like a place, make the reservation then and there - you can always cancel 24 hrs in advance - or less if it's likely that they have a waiting list.

What's interesting is that they (Celebrity) are not clearing the notes - the negative reviews in particular!!

Tom

What's interesting is that they (Celebrity) are not clearing the notes - the negative reviews in particular!!

Tom

I don't think they know. Our waiter had a bit of trouble with the iPad, we showed him how it worked - he kept accidentally resetting our menu (LOL).:D

I don't think they know. Our waiter had a bit of trouble with the iPad, we showed him how it worked - he kept accidentally resetting our menu (LOL).:D

Perhaps that's why they end up bringing some tables almost everything on the menu!

How does one go in to view notes? (iPad illiterate here --- droid fan) :)

Tom

Perhaps that's why they end up bringing some tables almost everything on the menu!

Tom

On the bottom of the iPad (under the screen) there is a indented button. Push it once and the screen should go to the main menu. If notes don't show up, just swipe the screen until it does (your waiter will show you how to swipe the screen to read your menu, in case you don't know). When you see the icon that says notes, just tap it. Then you can read the notes or even leave your own.

On the bottom of the iPad (under the screen) there is a indented button. Push it once and the screen should go to the main menu. If notes don't show up, just swipe the screen until it does (your waiter will show you how to swipe the screen to read your menu, in case you don't know). When you see the icon that says notes, just tap it. Then you can read the notes or even leave your own.

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Tom

I heard that as well! Friends who sailed Eclipse told us to tell them right away that we don't want everything brought to us. They were brought everything...but they were in a group of 8 I believe, and this cruise will just be DH and I.

Thanks for the review, DH and I will be on the Eclipse in Feb. and love to hear about other people's experiences. Surprised & disappointed to hear about Qsine as we planned to go there one night. We may re-think that one.

I'd stick with it as an option. We'll be in there two nights.

The links to the two reviews I posted were quite positive. You won't know for yourself unless you try!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review, DH and I will be on the Eclipse in Feb. and love to hear about other people's experiences. Surprised & disappointed to hear about Qsine as we planned to go there one night. We may re-think that one.

Book Tuscan and or Murano as well. Then let your taste buds decide.

Book Tuscan and or Murano as well. Then let your taste buds decide.

You know, I've heard that Celebrity focuses more on better dining than some other cruise lines, so I am hoping my taste buds will be happy in the MDR for the majority of my cruise. I was very pleased with food in the MDR on Princess Eclipse (almost never with Carnival Legend unfortunately).

Thanks for your suggestions; we are very much looking forward to our Eclipse cruise.

A few MDR suggestions (maybe this should be a separate thread).

Recommended:

Onion soup (available every day)

caesar salad (with anchovies, if you ask) (available every day)

creme brule (available every day)

lamb shanks ..

bread sticks

Not so good

antipasto appetizer (available every day)

steak (available every day)

Has anyone tried the:Tian of Peekytoe Crab, Gravlax Salmon & Avocado Mousse - Salmon Pearls & Caviar- Dill Crème Fraîche in Murano? I am a BIG fan of Gravlax, and don't recall seeing this on the menu previously.

Thanks,

Tom

This was one of the best things I ate on the entire cruise. If i had to point to one item from all the menus, this would be my #1. #2 was the lamb chops in Blu the night before.

Enjoy it!

MDX: hoping to consider myself one of those new friends from the cruise, I thought I'd say your review was great. Right on the mark. And I loved providing the Ascot reports!

Sorry your wife was subjected to such unbelievable topics of conversation on the part of our countrypeople.

wjb1969

Wjb, The Mrs. is fine, she was more amazed that those people still existed... think about how you are generally more amazed than upset when someone makes a boneheaded comment nowadays. And the Ascot reports get mentioned elsewhere as well! I hope Celebrity starts a tally! Or perhaps an all ascot night! We want you to find us on face book... Mr. Zander already did.

This was one of the best things I ate on the entire cruise. If i had to point to one item from all the menus, this would be my #1. #2 was the lamb chops in Blu the night before.

Enjoy it!

Glad to hear that.

Thanks!

Tom

Archived