honolulu hotels

muffy168

Hi, We are going on the NCL Wind in May. We plan to stay 3 days post cruise in Honolulu. We want to stay in a clean, nice hotel but not extremely expensive. Any one stayed in a nice hotel they would recommend?

Thanks, Cari

Other options include the Alana DoubleTree, the Waikiki Joy Hotel, and any of the hotels in the Ohana and Aston hotel chains (meant for bargain travelers). The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is one of my favorites - funky kitschy decor and recently renovated (though because it's still an old hotel, the rooms are a little on the small side). It's also got Tiki's Bar & Grill as one of its restaurants which is a reasonably priced place to try island style cuisine.

Spleen

We stayed at the Marriott next door to the Aston with Tiki's on level 2 and a Wolfgang Puck takeaway on the first level we ate at both, and both were good. I love Tiki's and homage it pays to traditional Tiki bars! Got to support that!

The Marriott wasn't too bad priced for us because the couple we travel with booked the rooms at the government worker price. A nice hotel with a nice bar at the quiet end of Waikiki.

jc

We stayed at the Ohana Waikiki Surf and enjoyed it, pretty cheep and came with a freig, 2 burner stove, microwave. AN ABC store and a Discount Store are across the street where you can get juice, pop, etc.:)

Our flight got cancelled Sunday when we returned from the Pride of Aloha on Sunday due to the Snow Storm in Denver. We had no reservations and the places I tried were either full or too $$$. So, we picked up the phone at the airport for the Best Western Plaza Hotel near the airport. They sent a shuttle to get us, it was just minutes away, check in was a breeze, room was large and clean and comfortable. To my surprise, the resturant's food was GREAT. Service was excellant. a 3 minute walk to a corner store. $99.00. Met our needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived