for veterans cruise only, just kidding !

I just became cruise addicted a few years ago :Dand I always had this question mind:confused:

Do you know if the freedom/liberty was that popular with lots of wow factor when it came out in 2007 compared to the oasis/allure now?

I haven’t been in the oasis yet but I was wondering if the oasis is really a great ship or if people are in love with him because is the new ship from royal Caribbean.

The new thing will always have the hype.

I don't remember the hype being as big with the Freedom... really the only addition was the surf simulator. That got a lot of attention. But it wasn't as big of a change to the industry as the Oasis and the Allure are now.

Each time a newer and bigger ship comes out, everyone swears that it would be impossible to build anything bigger.

Freedom class, originally dubbed "Ultra-Voyager Class", was astonishing for its time. Yes, there was a huge amount of hype and publicity about "the biggest (cruise) ship afloat."

Same thing happened with Oasis, but Oasis was far more different from Freedom than Freedom was from Mariner. It was a whole new design.

Now there is excitement and discussion about what Sunshine Class will be like!

Archived