has anyone ever sailed the same ship...

myangel

twice within a few weeks with the exact same itinerary? I have one more week where we can cruise again, and the dates are not flexible, so the same cruise we just did in early December is the only one available. I love just being on the ship anyway...........

twice within a few weeks with the exact same itinerary? I have one more week where we can cruise again, and the dates are not flexible, so the same cruise we just did in early December is the only one available. I love just being on the ship anyway...........

I have done it a few times, usually because I found rock bottom cruise fares:)

Not quite that close together. I sailed the Liberty about 9 months apart but different itins. I've also done the Pride 1 year apart - same itin except one was a 6 day and one a 7 day that added a port in Cape Canaveral. I've also had cruises a few months apart where we had the same port in Nassau. I'm just happy on the ship. I actually think doing the same ship/ports again tends to be a more relaxing cruise since you don't feel like you have to do so much sightseeing or cram in too many activities.

Couldnt edit my post, but wanted to add with Royal I would actually book the cruise while onboard to get extra OBC. Last year I sailed on Majesty 3 times in less than a 2 week time frame.

Did two on Monarch within a week, its cheaper than staying home :)

They are RCI's oldest and smallest ships, but darn it, I really really like them - particularly the Majesty.

YES! We have cruised the same ship, same itinerary MANY times. There are always new things to do at each port. One good thing about cruising the same ship again is that you have already learned your way around the ship before you board for that 2nd cruise. :)

Yes, I did a back to back on the same ship, same itinerary in June 2009 on the Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas. I found a deal that was too good to pass up, so that I felt I couldn't aford NOT to sail. :D

I have also done a few four-day cruises on the Paradise within a month or two of each other several times.

a quick scan shows i've done 5 ships multiple times.

one return trip stands out.

We did one ship 2 years in a row, where it turned out the cd and all the entertainment, as well as the ports, were exactly the same. this is where we saw how scripted the routines and passenger shows were, as even the bad jokes where the same.

we eventually took the opportunity to start doing the second choice things on our to do list, and ended up recovering from what could have been just a repeat trip.

and there is one ship i've done 5 years in a row, which i use for the sole purpose of taking me to my favorite place on earth.

Pride out of Port Canaveral... once in feb., then same year in Sept. ....

Same Itnerary.... due to the time of year hitting the eastern ports on a seven day... it was like night and day..... Feb cruise... very quiet... Sept. much more fun, more lively people... bored in Feb. so decided to go again in Sept...

Thanks for all your thoughts. In terms of price.............. The dates we can go is actually $200 more pp then the one we went on in Dec, (Legend) It is my favorite ship, and I am not much of a "port" person, I tend to take cruises to RELAX and enjoy the ship, especially the Senerity area while most people are off doing excursions. Decisions...........decisions.......... !!!

Archived