RCI website down??

RCCL regrets its current website issues. We suspect that a "cyber norovirus attack" is currently underway. To mitigate the loss of data and to maintain the health and integrity of our servers, we are asking that you first click twice on the virtual keyboard sanitizer logo that will be available immediately upon entering our site. Thank you for your patience.

Waaayyy too funny! :D :D

I've had problems with the website all day and still do at 7:45 at night. :mad: This is annoying.

Gina

Seems like the front page won't load. If you do a google search and the click on the other specific links (like the excursions, find a cruise, etc.) those load but slow.

I was not able to log-in to my cruise though.

Seems like the front page won't load. If you do a google search and the click on the other specific links (like the excursions, find a cruise, etc.) those load but slow.

That was how I finally got in...just to check cabins available. Then I called C&A department to use my next cruise certificate,

of which I had to anyway to book a cabin with that. They answered right away.

As long as I can keep four in the hopper...I am a happy cruiser! ;)

I was not able to log-in to my cruise though.

I've tried getting in from other links I've saved. Most of the time they don't work. I was just able to briefly get in from the front page, then log into my cruises, then it won't work again anywhere. It's sort of hit and miss and all very random for me. And when it finally works, it has been slow getting the page loaded. Just plain annoying.

Gina

I've tried getting in from other links I've saved. Most of the time they don't work. I was just able to briefly get in from the front page, then log into my cruises, then it won't work again anywhere. It's sort of hit and miss and all very random for me. And when it finally works, it has been slow getting the page loaded. Just plain annoying.

Gina

I'm going to hazard a guess that the IT has returned from holiday and have a mountain of problems to resolve.

I have been trying to get on the RCI website since this morning.

It will not pull up.

Anyone else having this problem??

Is it me.....or do I now have a problem? :eek: :(

It is still down today (Tuesday). I did talk to someone on the phone last night and told her that I was having problems getting on the site. She said that I wasn't able to access the RCI site while she had my account open on the phone. That didn't explain why I couldn't get on before I was talking to her on the phone or why I can't get on today. I don't know why she just didn't tell me they were having internet issues! :):)

Anyway, I hope it is back up today. I am hoping to book some excursions and dining reservations today.

It's 9:34AM here in NE Ohio and got on with no problem.

How is the balmy weather up there? I woke up to a warm 35 degrees with winds out of

the Northwest blowing at 30 miles an hour. :eek:

Guess we need to head up there to warm up. ;)

How is the balmy weather up there? I woke up to a warm 35 degrees with winds out of

the Northwest blowing at 30 miles an hour. :eek:

Guess we need to head up there to warm up. ;)

Current temperature is 21 degrees with snow. Amounts of snow vary depending on where you live. We were supposed to get 4-6 and we've gotten maybe an inch since the storm started yesterday, but wicked winds with gusts up to 50 mph. Gonna get "balmy" later this week with temps in the high 30s to low 40s.:D

I am so frustrated with their website. I am on day three of trying to book a specialty restaurant and purchase soda cards. What is the deal??????????? :mad:

If you're trying to book reservations with firefox, you might want to try internet explorer. I know MTD reservations can't be made with firefox. If you're already using IE - then it's another problem.

Gina

If you're trying to book reservations with firefox, you might want to try internet explorer. I know MTD reservations can't be made with firefox. If you're already using IE - then it's another problem.

Gina

I am using Internet explorer. I can get all the way to making the payment then I get a message saying the site is down. I just tried again and I got this message when trying to view my reservation....

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

Looks like the site is undergoing a bunch of changes. I was able to get in to the pages I wanted only by going via the Allure site that they have a link to on the "site unavaailable" page. One change I noted (and made a new thread for) is the new deck plan categories for accessible staterooms (they start with "A") and better descriotions of these cabins. Also I see more links elsewhere for accessibility details and the search for cruise results page has a place ti click if you require an accessible cabins. I think it may now only show cruises that have such cabins available. A very nice feature if you can't cruise in a regular stateroom.

Current temperature is 21 degrees with snow. Amounts of snow vary depending on where you live. We were supposed to get 4-6 and we've gotten maybe an inch since the storm started yesterday, but wicked winds with gusts up to 50 mph. Gonna get "balmy" later this week with temps in the high 30s to low 40s.:D

Yup, not much different than us down here. We are having sunshine, in the sunshine

state, but they have ice crystals on them!! :eek: ;)

Oh well, I love to see a change of season, however short this cold weather will be.

I am getting through to the website now, but it has the blistering fast high speed

of the internet service on the ship!! :eek:

At least I am not paying per minute this time....

Hey...do you think the internet is soooooo slooooowww...for a reason on the ship??

:eek: ;)

I am using Internet explorer. I can get all the way to making the payment then I get a message saying the site is down. I just tried again and I got this message when trying to view my reservation....

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

That is a normal message when you've been trying to make reservations. The problem I would worry about is this - Have you actually put in your credit card number before getting that message? If so, I'd call them (and be stuck listening to the hold message "this is the sea") and ask if they have your reservation. You don't want them to bill you each time you try.

I get a message each time I try to change my on board gifts - something to the effect of it not being able to be done at this time. So I will then go and try it under my husband's account - same message appears. Then when I go back to my account, the new gifts I've chosen actually show up. :confused: Apparently the website doesn't know when it is or isn't working. It comes up with random error messages.

I can even try going to a link I saved at their site and the first place it takes me is the log in screen for my cruises and tells me I have timed out. That isn't even the link I saved and it's not a link where I need to be logged in. I can click the link again and go right to the correct page.

They are having big problems all over the site. I wouldn't keep putting in my card number if you have already done it. You may have more reservations then you think. :) If you haven't gotten that far, maybe you can do it over the phone and ask for an email confirmation that it's done.

Gina

Archived