Jewel - Canada - Boston Hotel Info??

dagored

I have read reviews on this cruise. I have cruised the past 20 years. I would like info from anyone that has taken this cruise out of Boston on suitable, nice, convenient, reasonable hotels.

I plan on arriving on Friday and spend the rest of that day and Saturday exploring Boston. Not far from the cruise terminal or downtown.

All recommendations are welcome. Thanks.

Westin Waterfront is one of the closest to Black Falcon cruise terminal. Boston trolley stops outside the hotel to facilitate exploring Boston within your available time frame. When we were there a day ticket was actually good for 2 days and included a harbour cruise at no extra cost.

Thanks for the leads so far. Are some of those rates for real? A few of these rooms cost more than the cruise.:D

Not sure which week you are looking at but October is a busy time in Boston. You have many colleges and universties having homecomings and family weekends, Head of the Charles Regatta, Columbus Day weekend leaf peepers, fellow cruisers looking to stay a few days and explore the area, plus the usual business travelers. Look at Priceline and Hotwire but if you are going to wait until closer to get one of those rates, at least book a room with a rate you can live with that you can cancel without penalty so you don't get locked out.

Checkout the Seaport Hotel. It's a very nice hotel and quite close to the pier and Logan airport. There is a map on their website that shows just how close it is to the ship.

This hotel would be able to set up any tours or reservations you may need. It's not far from downtown Boston either.

Kate

We stayed at the Seaport when we did our Jewel Canada/NE cruise in 2004. It's a beautiful hotel and we took the water taxi from Logan to the front door of the hotel. They kept our luggage in a locked room and we took free shuttles into downtown Boston and explored all day. Came back to the Seaport and had a small meal in one of the restaurants there and collapsed into bed (we had flown in from the West Coast on a red eye).

Less than 5 minutes to the cruise terminal the next day.

Archived