Trundle Bed in Balcony Quad??

karenh1127

I am trying to find a cruise for the 4 of us and balcony prices are not too bad but every time I look at available cabins an alert in red comes up that says something like: "The stateroom category selected has an occupancy restriction. Changes in occupancy may result in a change in fare.; This stateroom includes a trundle bed (73"x29"). What the heck is that? Is that the sofa bed? A pull out cot that stores under a bed? I know the ocean view quads have either 2 pull down beds or a sofa bed and pull down.

You might want to call in order to get clarification.

Once we booked 5 in a cabin on the Triumph and got a "trundle bed". It was merely a roll around bed that would fold up when not in use. A real pain.

Otherwise they typically will have bunk beds where the sofa usually is for quads. No trundle needed.

Only the older class ships allow rollaways.

If looking for 4 people you want to book an assigned cabin- you do NOT want to book guarantee. You want to book a cabin that has 4 beds.

Its gonna be crowded to begin with-- you do NOT want to add in a roll away or a trundle-- a trundle is for a very small chil;d

you want a cabin that has 2 little dots 2 Twin Beds (convert to King) and 2 Uppers 2 Twin Beds (convert to King),

a black squareSingle Convertible Sofa and Upper - these two symbols will denote what cabins have 4 beds

Any star cabin only has three beds.

Make sure you have 4 passengers in the box when looking at a cruise.

When looking at pricing-- check to see what it would cost for 2 cabins-- across the hall from each other. It may surprise you how little it costs to have the second room

a trundle bed is like a rollaway bed. this will take up much valuable space in your cabin and is close to the floor. when we booked our victory cruise i wanted to get port side, but for 3 ppl the available all had the trundle bed and the couch was just a couch. BUT thankfully my PVP found us on starboard side a room with the bunk that comes down. so the couch is still a couch and she'll take the drop down and we'll take the 2 twins. rather have floor space. as the other poster stated, get a cabin with the 2 drop downs, save your walking space.

on the ecstasy last month, the trundel bed was under our bed. hard to store luggage under the beds.:eek:

there were only 2 of us and i would say if there was 4 or 5 people in that room, it would be very, very crowded.

The rollaway is not a trundle bed. They are different. It says you MIGHT get a trundle bed, so the above OP assumed it sounded like the rollaway bed they got was a trundle. If you get a trundle bed, which is almost on the floor, you would know the difference. The trundle bed is also smaller than a rollaway.

Archived