Baby food?

TupeloHoney

I did a search, but couldn't come up with an answer to this.

We are sailing with our then 10 month old in March. I'm wondering what to do about her food. She's had some problems with digestion, so we've been taking it very slowly. So I supsect she'll still be on pretty simple pureed foods at that point.

We're on Princess. I seem to remember reading at one point that Princess will provide baby food if you let them know in advance. Is that right? Do I dare trust it? How accomodating are they likey to be to make her fresh stuff? I make all her food at home. I wouldn't ask for anything difficult, but I could see at dinner asking them to puree some fruit or a vegetable or something for her. Think they'd do it? Would they give me a hard time about it?

Otherwise I guess i'll have to bring it all on. Fortunately we are spending the night in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise, so we won't have to bring it on the plane! I'm sure that'd put our weight limits way up!

They will be happy to puree anything you want. If you are doing traditional dining, as with other special diets, you could ask to see the next night's menu and select what you would like to have fixed for her. They would then have something waiting for her on arrrival in the dining room. EM

I know some will puree and some won't. Family friends recently went on RCCL with an infant expecting them to do this since it had been done with their older child. However, they were told that their new policy does not allow for this. It had something to do with residue that could be in the blenders and food allergies.

I would check directly with Princess and even still take some food with you. It may not be as easy to get outside the US if you get onboard and they won't do it.

Even if they won't puree, I am sure at the very least they can steam veggies enough so they are soft and you can cut them down to size and your LO can feed herself or himself. We do this at home now. Mine is 9 months and we are cruising next month. I don't worry much about the food either way. At this age, they primarily need either breastmilk or formula, so as long as you have plenty, you should be all set. There are some great purees though that are in pouches that are easy to pack if you want to take some along. Good luck and have a great trip!

We're on Carnival, and I was wondering the same thing!

We're leaving on Wednesday, but I packed a few jars just in case (3 beef, 3 chicken, 4 different fruits - 2 jars of each, 3 different veggies - 2 jars of each, and a box of cereal). We do a mix of jarred and homemade foods at home, as he seems to be picky in regards to texture, however, I checked the menus ahead of time and have been prepping him to have certain foods right off the menu (plain yogurt, toast with a bit of butter, etc.). I'm bringing my Kidco grinder so I can order him a plain chicken breast, baked potato, etc. and I can grind it right there, then mix it with a bit of warm water and cereal to get his preferred texture. :)

• 4 weeks later...
We're on Carnival, and I was wondering the same thing!

We're leaving on Wednesday, but I packed a few jars just in case (3 beef, 3 chicken, 4 different fruits - 2 jars of each, 3 different veggies - 2 jars of each, and a box of cereal). We do a mix of jarred and homemade foods at home, as he seems to be picky in regards to texture, however, I checked the menus ahead of time and have been prepping him to have certain foods right off the menu (plain yogurt, toast with a bit of butter, etc.). I'm bringing my Kidco grinder so I can order him a plain chicken breast, baked potato, etc. and I can grind it right there, then mix it with a bit of warm water and cereal to get his preferred texture. :)

We're back and I'm so happy I brought so much jarred food with us.

We fed him bits and pieces of 'real' food when we were comfortable doing so.

However, getting the MDR to puree dinner was a real pain - it just wasn't worth it. They'd forget, or it wouldn't be 'plain', or he wouldn't eat it. Then he ended up getting gastro anyways, and we just said forget it. We came back with only 4 jars of food, so I'm glad I pre-planned just in case.

Have fun!

I don't cruise Princess so I don't know if Babies Travel Lite delivers to their cruises, so I would call and ask first.

we used the service for our Disney cruise and were very happy. Looks like they have plenty of baby food to order from including organic options, I would order at least some jars in case the puree requests run into problems

We traveled extensively with our daughter when she was a baby and I took a baby food mill with me everywhere. It was indispensable! Meat, veggies, fruit, pasta, rice. It all went in and came out in the cup on top, which we fed her directly out of. All we needed for a meal was the mill and a demitasse spoon ; -)

Often I gave her a tiny portion of what I was having, but when that was not appropriate then we ordered a bit of poached chicken or fish or whatever.

It was light, easy to clean (usually the waiter would take care of that for us at the end of the meal) and easy to transport.

Baby-Food-Grinder12467350434a4faac36ecc1__43219_zoom.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
notentirelynormal: Do you know if you can request organic jars, or a certain brand of food?

The only specifics you can give them are how many meat, how many veggie and how many fruit. Ours arrived with no problem (and then we didn't use any because my girls ate mushy soups, yogurt, etc. We found plenty of soft foods on the menu.

Best,

Mia

My son was 10 and 11 mo on our last 2 cruises.

I am on vacation - and did not want to risk an allergy or stomach issues.

I brought ALL my own food.

I put together baggies. In each baggie I had what I needed for that meal a disposable spoon and a disposable bib.

Then I labeled them, breakfast, lunch, dinner. I grabbed the baggie I needed and everything was right there and disposable. Easy peasy! was so happy I planned ahead. No stress meals. I did not have to wait on anyone to bring something. I did not have to worry about allergies (little guy already had reacted to egg.) Did not have to worry about a mess to clean up or an spoons or dishes to clean. It was GREAT!

• 1 year later...
I know Im reviving an old thread here, but does princess charge for the babyfood thats requested?

No. You order however many jars you want in advance (and also baby cereal) and it's provided as part of the cruise fare. There is a form that must be completed and sent in a certain time period in advance though.

Best,

Mia

No. You order however many jars you want in advance (and also baby cereal) and it's provided as part of the cruise fare. There is a form that must be completed and sent in a certain time period in advance though.

Best' date='

Mia[/quote']

Great, thank you very much! That helps when the cost of an infant/toddler is almost as much as a full paying adult (supply and demand economics aside).

Great, thank you very much! That helps when the cost of an infant/toddler is almost as much as a full paying adult (supply and demand economics aside).

Believe me, I get it! I did pay complete full price for one of my babies, and the 3rd person fare for the other, which, as you say, wasn't much less. Still worth it for what I got out of it though! And we didn't end up using much of the baby food since there was always plenty to mush up in the dining room.

All the best,

Mia

Archived