GTY Balcony Cabin??

Huddler

I am thinking about booking a GTY balcony on Epic but DONT want an obstructed balcony. Is there anyway to see what rooms are available? Can you let them know you are ok with any position on the ship but will not take an obstructed balcony? Thanks in advance!

I am thinking about booking a GTY balcony on Epic but DONT want an obstructed balcony. Is there anyway to see what rooms are available? Can you let them know you are ok with any position on the ship but will not take an obstructed balcony? Thanks in advance!

Booking a GTY, means you are willing to accept any location that the cruise line assigns you in a category that is equal or higher than the gty level you are booking. That's why GTY prices are typically lower than selecting your specific cabin.

If you don't want to end up in an obstructed balcony choose your cabin type and book a specific room, and don't risk being assigned the obstructed balcony.

A GTY where you can specify the cabins you don't want? Sign me up.

Just book the cabin that you want....Epic has some quirks in their balconies..uncovered, fully covered, life boats in the way, hull balconies, etc. I'm not sure that there is a truly "obstructed" balcony cabin, but some passengers can feel that the hull and deck balconies are "obstructed".

If you book a GTY, NCL can put you in any cabin they want within the category booked (ie, Balcony, Inside, Ocean View, etc).

Check out this CC thread for great details on the Epic balconies:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1242766&highlight=epic+uncovered

(post #9)

If you do a guarantee, you are saying you are willing to take any cabin.

We did a midship inside guarantee on the Sun this past June and we received just that. I think the clarity will be in how your guarantee is worded. If it says aft balcony guarantee, then you know you will be getting one of those. Same with midship. I have only since wordings like this a few times. If it says guarantee balcony, and you book, you have to accept it.

I recently faced this decision. I knew I could get any balcony, be it enclosed, uncovered or small or large. The price was significantly better than an assigned cabin. I decided I could live with an enclosed balcony if it happened, so I nervously booked the gty. I ended up with a good aft cabin:D, but I would have accepted any balcony NCL had assigned. Unless you can come to terms with the variety of balconies and happily accept any of them, do not book the gty balcony.

Well, a rep from NCL called me today. I dont know if she was just calling because we had cruised on NCL last summer and was marketing to Latitudes members, or if they saw me poking around on the NCL site for the past few days. Anyway, I told her that I had booked a GTY balcony with Celebrity on my Christmas cruise last month, and my balcony came with a lifeboat in front of it. The Wifey was NOT happy. So, I told the rep, find me a large balcony that will hold us and our 2 young kids on the Epic leaving 03/31/12. She sent me an email back with a large balcony on deck 11 on the hump. This balcony looks larger than any of the others. Oh and the price was alot less than what I was getting at the website. I typically dont book through the cruise line, but she gave me an offer I cant refuse. So, we are booked on our 2nd NCL cruise and our first on the Epic!

Hey Huddler, I laughed when I saw that you booked another cruise. Gotta keep the wife happy. I'll let you know how I liked the Epic after our cruise the first week of March.

Do you ever actually work?:)

Uncle kydds

Hey Huddler, I laughed when I saw that you booked another cruise. Gotta keep the wife happy. I'll let you know how I liked the Epic after our cruise the first week of March.

Do you ever actually work?:)

Uncle kydds

LOL! I guess I need to get in a 12 step program for cruise addicts! We saw the Epic in Miami when we were boarding Eclipse on 12/24. The kids already knew all about it since Nickolodean has some sort of agreement with NCL. They started screaming about cruising the Epic. Spring break looks like a good time. Next thing you know, I am booked on another cruise!!:D

Archived