Capital Jazz Supercruise 2012

policecruiser

I just got another email from Capital Jazz, and they must be on drugs, or they have interns working for them. I now am ready to forfeit all the money I've paid just to not have to deal with them any more.

The email says I should have received corrected invoices by now. Well, I haven't.

I am almost in tears over this cruise, because it's been a nightmare from the beginning.

At this point, I don't even care if our 20 year friendship survives this cruise. I don't want to have anything else to do with Capital Jazz, and whatever it takes to get out of this is what I'm willing to sacrifice.

This is the last theme cruise for me.

So sorry you're having such a difficult time getting things worked out for this cruise. Hope it all turns around soon.

Thanks, vivavegas. My friend has said I don't have to go if I don't want to, and when I look at what I would lose on this cruise, it's equal to what the third person would have to pay, so their cost wouldn't be any higher.

I have 2 weeks before the next payment is due. I'll see how I feel then.

this will be my 1st Capital Jazz Cruise and hopefully not the last.... I'm just a little annoyed that CJC have not corresponded with me and several others in regards to our room assignments, billing statements etc... I see they take my money each month as I pay on my trip but NOTHING from them elsewise... it's frustrating as I am very excited about going but the communication is HORRIBLE and no one answer emails etc... Please tell me this is the "Norm" lol, then I'll recognize whom I'm dealing with lol

hattack, you just don't "get" me at all. I'm hoping to have my own "theme" dresses for this cruise that have nothing to do with Capital Jazz themes.

We (my "jazz advisor" and I) are convinced that though you may not be on the payroll for Capital Jazz, you're probably compensated by them in some fashion for your constant promotion of them. Could that be why you're already paid in full for this cruise? I doubt that you'll ever admit your true roll, but until you start being more objective about the music cruises, I'm not "listening" to anything you have to say about them at this point.

I'll probably add to some of the "themes" with the help of one of my cabinmates. We're working on an "outfit" to wear now.

You know, it's kind of interesting that almost everybody I've communicated with about this cruise is more on "island time" than I am, and I LIVE ON A CARIBBEAN ISLAND!

How many times have I read/heard that I have X number of months to straighten out the billing or get my dresses? Well, I live by a different ***** - tomorrow is promised to noone, and don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today. I like to get things resolved quickly so I can move on to the next "challenge." So far, Capital Jazz is the only outstanding "challenge" at this point, because they have this lack of communication problem and a Flintstones accounting system.

I have 3 vacations booked so far for this year, and this is the only one I have issues with.

So, hattack, unless you have something new to add, please don't repeat your sales pitches for Capital Jazz to me. I've already heard them at least 3 times now.

LOL, I agree

Thanks, vivavegas! I've got scars, bruises, and aches from a coastal hike I did this weekend, so I'm just glad to be alive! I thought I was going to be swept out to sea, but the "calvary" kept me afloat and on my feet!

May have found an outfit for black and white night if they have one.

OMG. Saw Lionel Richie doing his new version of "Dancing on the Ceiling" on Ellen. That version doesn't move me at all!

Thanks, vivavegas! I've got scars, bruises, and aches from a coastal hike I did this weekend, so I'm just glad to be alive! I thought I was going to be swept out to sea, but the "calvary" kept me afloat and on my feet!

May have found an outfit for black and white night if they have one.

OMG. Saw Lionel Richie doing his new version of "Dancing on the Ceiling" on Ellen. That version doesn't move me at all!

It doesn't move me either. Hope you had a good day.:)

If I can get all my photos and reviews posted, it'll be a good Easter for me! Found something else I may get for black/white night, so I'll be thinking about it all day on Easter.

Oh! Watch "60 Minutes" Sunday, April 8, 2012, because there'll be a segment about an orchestra in the Congo. Also Wynton Marsallis (sp?) did a segment on the blues that was really powerful, that may be online on CBS somewhere. I think he's doing "juke joint" visits.

St Maarten/St Martin is one of our stops, and Maho Beach is a popular attraction, so I thought I'd post this for people who are hard core adventure seekers!

I may try to visit Maho Beach since we'll be in port late, but I'm hoping to sit safely at the bar and watch the planes. I think someone on this video broke a bone or two when they were slammed against the wall.

St Maarten/St Martin is one of our stops, and Maho Beach is a popular attraction, so I thought I'd post this for people who are hard core adventure seekers!

I may try to visit Maho Beach since we'll be in port late, but I'm hoping to sit safely at the bar and watch the planes. I think someone on this video broke a bone or two when they were slammed against the wall.

I WILL NOT BE TRYING THIS! :eek:

Thanks, vivavegas. I just got an update from a smooth jazz blog that the 10th Smooth Jazz Cruise is coming up. That should be a good cruise.

I was watching the CBS Early Show the other week, and they had a good story that mentioned jazz. Some of the research was from a British book, "As Serious As Your Life," so I bought it from someone on ebay. I'm reading it now, and it's a terrific homage to some lesser-known musicians. Wynton Marsalis is now a/the cultural correspondent for CBS, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of his stories. Here's the one I did catch when I didn't go to work that day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7404492n

I wanna go to that juke joint!

Thanks, vivavegas. I just got an update from a smooth jazz blog that the 10th Smooth Jazz Cruise is coming up. That should be a good cruise.

I was watching the CBS Early Show the other week, and they had a good story that mentioned jazz. Some of the research was from a British book, "As Serious As Your Life," so I bought it from someone on ebay. I'm reading it now, and it's a terrific homage to some lesser-known musicians. Wynton Marsalis is now a/the cultural correspondent for CBS, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of his stories. Here's the one I did catch when I didn't go to work that day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7404492n

I wanna go to that juke joint!

Now that's a juke joint! I didn't see any windows. I'll bet it's hot in there!;) Thanks for sharing!

If you are that unhappy just CANCEL...enough of the complaining already. You have choices when traveling. You still have plenty of time to get a refund. You appear to be looking for venue to complain...enoughcomplaininglady#

I just got another email from Capital Jazz, and they must be on drugs, or they have interns working for them. I now am ready to forfeit all the money I've paid just to not have to deal with them any more.

The email says I should have received corrected invoices by now. Well, I haven't.

I am almost in tears over this cruise, because it's been a nightmare from the beginning.

At this point, I don't even care if our 20 year friendship survives this cruise. I don't want to have anything else to do with Capital Jazz, and whatever it takes to get out of this is what I'm willing to sacrifice.

This is the last theme cruise for me.

If you are that unhappy just CANCEL...enough of the complaining already. You have choices when traveling. You still have plenty of time to get a refund. You appear to be looking for venue to complain...enoughcomplaininglady#

I agree with you! If the OP is that unhappy, they should cancel.;)

I was going through and felt the same way...I stopped sending emails and actually picked the phone up and called and was able to obtain all the information I needed and my statement (finally!). It's been crazy dealing with the staff, I know they are busy, but maybe it's time to invest in more staff to help with the tremendous workload that is very obvisous to me and others.

If I cancel now, I lose all monies I've paid. Note cancellation policy.[/b]

"Refund/Cancellation Policy

For reservations made through June 30, 2012, deposits are fully-refundable, for any reason, until 15 days after the date of initial booking. Guests canceling their reservations after 15 days will forfeit their deposit and any payments made."

Thank goodness the US still has freedom of speech.

Thanks, Crunchi~B for backing me!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived