Capital Jazz Supercruise 2012

policecruiser

My cabinmate and I are booking this week and I can't wait! I am getting plenty of my questions answered just by reading your posts so thank you so much! HATTACK, you are the best!

Welcome aboard! Use group code: G607 to enter a drawing for a free 3-night stay in Myrtle Beach, SC. The code can be entered on the official Capital Jazz webpage when you book your reservation.

This cruise is awesome. I have been staying in the gym......lol.

Regarding the newsletter. I signed up for the newsletter separately on the Capital Jazz website, because I didn't receive a January newsletter (though I paid after the 15th), so I'm thinking you don't automatically get the newsletters when you make your deposit. I got the Feb newsletter, though.

Ms411....I receive 2 newsletters....One for being a registered guest on the SuperCruise, which is just for guests..the other one is from Capital Jazz which covers both the Festival and the SuperCruise

Myrtlewood...were you on last year's cruise with the incredible, beautiful and classy 75 year old body building champion? She is such a nice person and her husband is a class act. She has an incredible story about why she got into body building

Every year there are unannounced guests and activities which adds to the flavor of the cruise

Active48...two years ago Jeffrey Osborne performed at the tailgate party and turned it out. Last year The Dysfunkton Band (the official house party band), performed and rock the boat..this year if I were a betting person, I would guess it would be The Urban Guerilla Orchestra, but then again it could be The Brand New Heavies or Chuck Brown or it could be a surprise unannounced group. That's part of the excitement about being on the SuperCruise

I do know this for certain..bring plenty of sunscreen and a good sun hat (that you can tie) and drink plenty of water (between your "other" refreshments) because on your first full day at sea, at high noon on the lido deck, the sun can be brutal and everyone will be dancing and singing.

Hatack...Yes I will be in my Lions gear. We made it to the playoff this year. Way lot better than that year we did 0-0. lol....

Mytlewood...Yea this will be my 2nd best gift for my birthday. My son was my 1st at age 33. He was my early blessing from God.

Welcome aboard! Use group code: G607 to enter a drawing for a free 3-night stay in Myrtle Beach, SC. The code can be entered on the official Capital Jazz webpage when you book your reservation.

This cruise is awesome. I have been staying in the gym......lol.

Mytlewood...When will they let you know when they are doing the drawing for these prizes? Do they do them on the cruise. I did use the code on my reservation. If you win how will they contact you?

Hmmmmmmmmm.....that's interesting...I suspect we will all be receiving our first invoices sometime between Feb 20th-29th (to include payments received by Feb 15th in their new upgraded system). If the invoice is correct then I would send an email asking what is up because you should be receiving it..nothing critical in the one we received yesterday

Ms411....I receive 2 newsletters....One for being a registered guest on the SuperCruise, which is just for guests..the other one is from Capital Jazz which covers both the Festival and the SuperCruise

Myrtlewood...were you on last year's cruise with the incredible, beautiful and classy 75 year old body building champion? She is such a nice person and her husband is a class act. She has an incredible story about why she got into body building

Every year there are unannounced guests and activities which adds to the flavor of the cruise

Active48...two years ago Jeffrey Osborne performed at the tailgate party and turned it out. Last year The Dysfunkton Band (the official house party band), performed and rock the boat..this year if I were a betting person, I would guess it would be The Urban Guerilla Orchestra, but then again it could be The Brand New Heavies or Chuck Brown or it could be a surprise unannounced group. That's part of the excitement about being on the SuperCruise

I do know this for certain..bring plenty of sunscreen and a good sun hat (that you can tie) and drink plenty of water (between your "other" refreshments) because on your first full day at sea, at high noon on the lido deck, the sun can be brutal and everyone will be dancing and singing.

I'm an NFL fan to the core so having like-minds will be so entertaining however, thanks for the tip on the sunscreen and the hat.

Hmmmmmmmmm.....that's interesting...I suspect we will all be receiving our first invoices sometime between Feb 20th-29th (to include payments received by Feb 15th in their new upgraded system). If the invoice is correct then I would send an email asking what is up because you should be receiving it..nothing critical in the one we received yesterday

Being that the deposit is made this month will we have to pay our first monthly installment as well or will we have 30 days?

Can you give me information on the travel insurance if its something I should invest in?

My friends booked on or around Jan 10, so they paid their deposit and first payment in the same installment. I booked on or around Jan 19, so I only had to pay the deposit. So, I guess it depends on the date of the month that you book.

So they're one payment ahead of me.

Travel insurance is always a very good thing to have..with most policies you have to buy the insurance between 7-14 days after you book your cruise, make sure if you have a medical condition, your policy covers pre-existing conditions.

There are several companies out there, so be sure to do your research.. You might also check with your credit card company that you are using to pay for your cruise to see if it is offered as a benefit to using their card (I have AX and they do)

Don't quote me on this (I booked and deposited in July, so my first payment was not due to Jan 15th), but if you booked and placed a deposit this month, your first installment will be due March 15th. Your first invoice that you will be receiving this month should reflect that. If not shoot them an email. Final payment, regardless is due July 15th. It looks like the cruise will sell out in the next 2-3 weeks, which means they will start a waitlist by cabin types (inside,oceanviews,balconies,suites) so keep up your monthly payments so you don't lose your fare at the time of your booking.

On the Capital Jazz website if you click on reservations it spells out their policy and also gives you a link for trip insurance companies that most SuperCruisers use.

Active48...you will be able to watch the late Sunday games (after the tailgate party) and the Monday night game on the huge LCD screen on the lido deck. The sports bar will also be showing the games and I'm not sure if the games are on your tv in the cabin

As you can well surmise, most folks will be at the concerts and dinner

On most nights around midnight they show movies on deck which is alot of fun

Are there alternate activities during the tailgate party? I really could care less about football, and one of the reasons cruises are popular is because there are a variety of activities. I'd really rather do almost anything than wear a football jersey and pretend to be hyped about some team.

I'm afraid I might be the party pooper on this cruise.:(

Yes there are many options....last year during the noon time concerts on the lido deck several artists were holding Q&A sessions and fan club meetings (inside in the cool a/c) and the guest DJ's hold dance workshops in the atrium....lots of folks book their spa and hair appointments during the noon time concerts or do their onboard shopping when the shops are less crowded and many enjoy a nice quiet leisure sit down lunch in the MDR and lots of folks participate in the various card tournaments etc.

You will always have options both in musical activities and normal cruise activities. Audrey, of the Capital Jazz Staff functions as our Cruise Director for the week and manages to come up with some really great cruise games that she schedules during peak concert times, so folks have choices...i.e. many of the guests are repeat guests and for example, have seen Chuck Brown many times so when he performs on deck, is a great time to check out a neo-soul (Underground Lounge) artist for the first time. I might use the time to take a power nap so I can stay up late.

You will have many choices. Capital Jazz scheduling strength is they are smart enough to book artists from a wide variety of musical styles, so a guest can pick and choose at any given time. I strongly encourage first time SuperCruisers to see bits and pieces of all of the artists performances. You might check out the tailgate party for 1-2 songs (trust me it's quite a sight the first time seeing it), then spend the balance of your time dropping in on other activities

The one event you can't miss is 70's night!!!! Not everyone wear's a 70's outfit, but everyone takes pics and join's in the fun (great soul train line). I suspect (weather permitting) we will have our 70's night party on the lido deck at a10 pm at night with George Clinton and P-Funk!!! wonder how they will land the Mother Ship in the swimming pool. Two years ago on black/white night Teena Marie performed...little did we know it would be her final performance and the folks that missed it wished they had been there...if you have never experienced Three Mo Tenors, you are in for a treat!

Missed last year, 2010 was our first SuperCruise. Got great pics of Jeffrey Osborne performing at the tailgate party. View my facebook page: Travel group - Capital Jazz SuperCruise Oct.20-28, 2012 and view my 2010 photos.

I am looking forward to The Brand New Heavies. Is N'dea Davenport performing with them?

Regarding the newsletter. I signed up for the newsletter separately on the Capital Jazz website, because I didn't receive a January newsletter (though I paid after the 15th), so I'm thinking you don't automatically get the newsletters when you make your deposit. I got the Feb newsletter, though.

Thanks for the info, just signed up on the website.

Hatack...Yes I will be in my Lions gear. We made it to the playoff this year. Way lot better than that year we did 0-0. lol....

Mytlewood...Yea this will be my 2nd best gift for my birthday. My son was my 1st at age 33. He was my early blessing from God.

Children are truly a blessing. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a mother.

Mytlewood...When will they let you know when they are doing the drawing for these prizes? Do they do them on the cruise. I did use the code on my reservation. If you win how will they contact you?

Drawing will be on the SuperCruise. Winner will receive info to cabin. Would be nice if several friends or family use the code. They could all enjoy the free nights together, condo sleeps up to 8.

Are there alternate activities during the tailgate party? I really could care less about football, and one of the reasons cruises are popular is because there are a variety of activities. I'd really rather do almost anything than wear a football jersey and pretend to be hyped about some team.

I'm afraid I might be the party pooper on this cruise.:(

Like you, I do NOT watch football and did not wear a jersey. Jeffrey Osborne was performing, therefore, I had a wonderful time.

Not sure if she will be performing with them....this will be my first time seeing them perform live...two years ago on the cruise was the first time I ever saw Incognito perform with Maysa and they were really good. Last year we had Down To The Bone perform with Roy Ayers

. Jeffrey Osborne was incredible that day,and I will check out your pics on Facebook. He's in great physical shape for his age, His body of work is an example of an artist who has not had a hit in over 25-30 years who folks of all ages still love to see perform. These young rappers should take note if they want to have a long career. Queen Latifa has paid attention

Archived