Capital Jazz Supercruise 2012

policecruiser

Strongly suggest you come in on friday and stay at the host hotel...Capital Jazz hosts a really nice pre cruise party with food and music ....since this is your first time, the key is to pace yourself and plan a 30 minute nap or downtime during the day so you can hang out all night and last for the 8 days...take monday following the cruise off from work so you can catch up on your rest...we have 4 days at sea, which means there will be 4 noon time concerts on the lido deck...for chuck brown two years ago, folks were getting their seats by 8 am...same for frankie beverly last year....with planning you will be able to see all of the artists, plus every year there are unannounced surprises....the midnight jam sessions are incredible and 70's night will keep you in stiches with the outfits

This is a very laid back, relaxing cruise with 3000+ music fans like yourself...folks are mellow and alot of fun...it is open seating for dinner so you can meet different folks from all over the world every night...don't be surprise if you see George Clinton and P-Funk do a song with Three Mo Tenors.....when we are in port there are no music activities planned until later in the day..FourPlay performed at 4 pm when we were scheduled to sail at 6 pm out of Cozumel...nice way to end the day

One of my favorite activities is watching the reaction of cruisers from other ships when we are in a port at the same time and they find out what an incredible time we are having

Hi , my friends and missed out on being able to attend this year, but can you give me an idea of the pricing so we can begin planning for next year?

Any info would be great, thanks

Hi , my friends and missed out on being able to attend this year, but can you give me an idea of the pricing so we can begin planning for next year?

Any info would be great, thanks

If you Google Capital Jazz the website for the cruise has posted next year's itinerary. The prices are not posted. Last year we got a suite it was $3500 per person. If I remember correctly insides were $1800-2000 per person. Of course prices vary based on room category. Don't hold me to the quota. The price increases monthly after it starts open booking. We booked Jan of 2011 for October's cruise. They began booking for this years cruise last Nov. Hope this info helps.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi MS411! If you are still unhappy about going on the cruise I am looking for someone who wants to cancel. How much did you pay for your cabin and are you sharing a cabin? I am trying to get a cabin by myself and seriously want to get on the ship. I am on the waiting list, however, I didn't get on the waiting list until two months after it sold out. My email address is rebeccabennett453@yahoo.com. Please let me know something if you want to get out of going on the October Capital Jazz Supercruise.

Rebecca, unfortunately I'm sailing with 2 other ladies, and unless they all want to cancel, too, I have to honor my commitment to them.

They have, however, expressed dissatification with Capital Jazz's customer service, especially after one of them went to the Capital Jazz fest, so they may be open to cancelling. I'll run it past them and see what they say. We booked a 3-person inside cabin, and you should be able to find our rate on the site, but Capital Jazz might not offer you the same rate since you'd be booking late.

Thanks MS411 for your reply. I am on the waiting list and received an email from them. They have had some slots open up and have several cabins for purchase, so I should be able to get on the cruise! This would be my third one and I have never had a problem with their accounting as far as payments or balances. Just try to be patient and I'm sure everything will work out! Rebecca

Rebecca, hope you can make it! My roommates didn't pay by the 15th deadline, so I hope our cabin isn't one that opened up.:(

Their system doesn't handle individual payments well if you're sharing a cabin. I'll just be glad when this is over.

We're planning our excursions now. Island tour on Antigua with beach stop, art gallery tour in St Maarten and Segway, but still trying to figure what to do in St Lucia. If any of these appeal to you, you're welcome to join us.

As much as possible, I try to book direct. Contacted Capt Alan in St Martin for boat snorkel trips. Haven't decided on others yet.

Hi, I'm a newbie to the cruise critic roll calls..forum..blog..threads :rolleyes:. I'm sailing on the CJSC 2012. I see you posted that you've contacted Capt. Alan in St. Martin for snorkeling. I know the excursions are not available on the Carnival website yet but I'm interested in seeing what's available outside of carnival. I haven't decided if I want to snorkel or scuba dive yet. Do you have a number or website for Capt. Alan? Just want to check the details.

Soukous, you're welcome! It's a good thing you booked early, because the Freedom of the Seas will also be in port in St Maarten when we're there. I've been posting in their Roll Call and many have made excursion reservations.

I don't think I'll be able to do Captain Alan, though, because my cabinmates want to do an Art Gallery Tour, and they might need me so they can meet the minimum. I'm going to snorkel in Antigua as part of a tour we're doing, so I'll get to see some underwater creatures hopefully. We're also going horseback riding on St Maarten. And the Segway!

Viva, thanks for the 4th of July greeting. Love it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all 2012 Super Jazz Cruiser's,

as we near our well anticipated Jazz Cruise, I just wanted to pass along a tour that my husband and I are doing while docked in Antigua. We will be taking the Full Canopy Tour and Challenge Course (11 Ziplines +) with the Antigua Rainforest Canopy Tours Co. This particular tour has been highly recommended from previous guest via reviews on Trip Advisor. If you are interested, please visit antiguarainforest.com for more information and booking. Mr. Rod Samuels will be more than happy to accomodate you with this tour or other offered tours as well, also, he offers a 10% discount if you book online/email. Just passing along information, Enjoy.

Nicole

Glad to see more activity in this forum, and love hearing about excursions. We've booked an island tour for both Antigua and St Lucia.

We're trying to book an Art Gallery tour in St Martin, since that's something I haven't seen offered on other islands. We need one more person, though, to meet the 4 person minimum. If anybody's interested, I'll post the details.

Anybody considering staying on the ship for the next week to rest up?:D

Please don't go away...So what do you have planned so far??

MSNick, I am still here, but I have not commented about the services of Capital Jazz in MONTHS. I have recently only posted information about island excursions.

No way am I going away.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't know about you, But I am sooo ready to vacation and cruise with the Capital Jazz Supercruise family. I've been counting the days down to my first, and hopefully not my last cruise with CJP. I don't really know what to expect, but the pictures from Facebook says it all. I've booked a few excursions when we dock in St. Marteen and Antigua and look forward to all the other events along the way. It would help alot if someone could give a little feed-back on what to pack, how much to pack, what to expect, experiences of the them nights etc... I don't want to be left short on anything and don't what to over do it either so any feed-back is helpful.

Nicole:D

You are in for a great time!!!! One of the previous newsletters listed the theme nights (you can find back newsletters on the website) and upcoming newsletters (usually around the 15th of the month) will give you additional information...there are no "formal nights" and on non theme nights folks dress casual. Probably in the September newsletter will be a performance schedule along with which nights are theme nights which most folks use as a guide to packing.

On our 4 full days at sea will be noon time performances on the lido deck so bring a sunhat and plenty of sunscreen...there will also be Q&A sessions with the artists and ample opportunities for photo ops and cd signings...70's night is the big night and with weather permitting we will have a late night concert on deck hopefully with George Clinton and P-Funk....most nights there will be a midnight allstar jam session following the main shows...since this is your first SuperCruise, try to see alittle taste of everything and plan on a schedule "downtime" of 30-45 minutes every afternoon so you can stay up late everynight for the music..open seating for both early/late dinner..

Musicians are very approachable and you will see them perform in several venues thru out the week..hopefully you will be able to attend the pre cruise party on Friday night at the Host Hotel...lots of folks from your area will be on the ship

You will have the time of your life

Archived