? latest you can book a cruise

Sorry I know I've seen this thread before but couldn't find it. . .Can you book at the pier if there are empty cabins? What is the latest you can book. I have heard stories of people waiting at the pier with their suitcases and then getting a last minute deal and maybe cruising for $100 :eek: Not sure if this was pre 911. Would appreciate any recent information.

You CAN book the day of the cruise, but only over the telephone to Carnival.

You can not book at the pier, though I have heard of this post 911, so I dont think that is why. I used to have the port number for a port in Calif from some cruiser who used to book direct with the port.

Carnival now makes you call them.

I almost missed the ship because I could not book except thru my PVP that last minute and she did not get in until 10 am my time. Cut it almost too close. Lucky the ship let me on. Wouldnt be booking any more the day of since I live 5 hours away.

Sorry I know I've seen this thread before but couldn't find it. . .Can you book at the pier if there are empty cabins? What is the latest you can book. I have heard stories of people waiting at the pier with their suitcases and then getting a last minute deal and maybe cruising for $100 :eek: Not sure if this was pre 911. Would appreciate any recent information.

If there are open cabins you can call Carnival as late as the morning of sailing. This would be unusual and would probably be due to a last minute cancellation or other extenuating circumstance, as most ships sell out several days in advance and sail totally full.

If you were to book on the morning of the cruise the rate would most likely be a non discounted FunSelect fare.

As for waiting at the pier, if you do not have a boarding pass you can not get through security and into the cruise terminal with your suitcases.

Things may have been different in the early days of the cruise industry however today there are no $100 give away cruises.

Thanks for your responses. We have friends that will be in Florida for a month and although they do have a cruise booked for the week after ours they had heard these stories about very cheap very last minute cruises and said if the price was right they may jump on the ship with us.

Hi Beverly792! always glad to talk to a fellow Kingstonian! Are you crusin this year?

In October, we booked Tuesday, drove down Wednesday and got on the ship Thursday for a quick 4 day.

Just an added note, for those who have Carnival Stock. IF your Stockholder OBC does not get applied to your account (because of the short notice)....they will credit your credit card after you get home.

A couple of year ago (2010) my family was scheduled to vacation in St. Martin, but I did not realize the passport exception was only for closed loop cruises and not also flights. As such, I called Carnival while at the airport in Boston, about 30 hours before the cruise and was able to book an ocean view room. We did not however get any last minute discounted prices, and in fact, I think paid more then we would have paid if we booked the cruise months earlier.

Has anyone booked a cruise with in 48 hours and actaully recieved a great deal?

Hoping to book a surprise trip for our son's 8th birthday in August. Looking at the Liberty out of Miami. However, I cannot book my holidays more than 6mths ahead, so have to wait until March. Planning on driving to Rochester or Syracuse to fly from and not telling them (our son and 11yr old DD) until we get to Miami. Our son will turn 8 during the cruise, so fingers crossed everything goes as planned.:D

We last cruised Oct 2010 on the Legend and had an awesome time. This will be our 4th.

Back in 2005 I finally got my husband to cruise. We did a short Friday – Monday.

On Monday, sitting on the Lido, he said he didn’t want to get off the ship. We had our laptop, I checked and saw there were cabins available for that afternoons sailing. We went to guest services and paid them. We got off the ship and got right back in line to get on.

Back in 2005 I finally got my husband to cruise. We did a short Friday – Monday.

On Monday, sitting on the Lido, he said he didn’t want to get off the ship. We had our laptop, I checked and saw there were cabins available for that afternoons sailing. We went to guest services and paid them. We got off the ship and got right back in line to get on.

Now I love this story. Gosh, he really like cruising!

:D Love it! I may just do this myself one of these days...

Hoping to book a surprise trip for our son's 8th birthday in August. Looking at the Liberty out of Miami. However, I cannot book my holidays more than 6mths ahead, so have to wait until March. Planning on driving to Rochester or Syracuse to fly from and not telling them (our son and 11yr old DD) until we get to Miami. Our son will turn 8 during the cruise, so fingers crossed everything goes as planned.:D

We last cruised Oct 2010 on the Legend and had an awesome time. This will be our 4th.

We always fly out of Syracuse, very easy drive from K town and the air is so much cheaper than flying from Toronto . . .we have sailed the Liberty once and loved it :D

Archived