Gem MDR menus posted

macruise

I couldn't open them either.

macruise, please take a look at the ones in my signature and see if they are the same so I will know if they are still accurate. The "all the time" choices in the two MDRs have been slighly different from the start of these new menus.

Just uploaded a few menus from Grand Pacific and Blue Lagoon.

Anybody notice that the appetizers on the Always Available menu in Magenta were a bit different than those on the Grand Pacific menu?

Actually, it isn't just the appetizers. The "Always Available" menus are now different in the Mid and Aft MDRs on all NCL ships.

The page for the mid-ship MDR is called "Favorite Selections":

MDR_Din_Mid.jpg

While the page for the aft MDR is called "Classic Selections":

MDR_Din_Aft.jpg

The other page of the menu changes on a daily basis and is the same for both MDRs. FWIW, there are a total of 14 different "daily" menu pages available for the Chef to choose from.

Hi SeaShark,

Thanks for posting the latest menus! I think this is very good news and a step up since there will be a little more variety. Also very happy to see one of my favorites - lamb shank - return to the always available for one of the DR's!

This came just in time for our Gem Jan. 18th cruise!

Still wish they would "reveal" the Chef's nightly special and have suggested it a few times now onboard. I've seen people in the afternoon looking at the menu wondering what it might be.

Makes a difference when you're trying to plan your evening and you don't know if it's going to be Mexican meatballs or pina colada chicken.:rolleyes:;):D

As for the "Chef's Specialities"...

NCL's Main Dining Rooms (MDRs) rotate thru 14 different daily menus. Menu #1 is ALWAYS served on embarkation day on every ship in NCL's fleet. After that, the onboard chef is free to rotate the menu order based on a variety of factors.

In addition to the available menu selections, each menu offers the choice of a Regional Chef's Speciality option. As you can well imagine, there are 14 different Chef's Specialities...one for each of the 14 MDR menus. Also...as is implied by the name, there is a different set of Chef's Specialities for each "Region" in which NCL sails.

There are the potential Chef's Specialities that are offered for sailings in the "Caribbean Region":

NCL MDR Chef's Specialities : Caribbean Region

• Baked Crusted Guacamole Snapper with Pineapple Rice, Roasted Corn Salsa, Green Tomatillo Sauce
  • Burritos of Pork in Ranchero Sauce
  • Caribbean Mahi Mahi Fish Stew
  • Chicken Breast with Dirty Rice, Leek Pepper Coconut Cream Sauce
  • Fried Spicy Snapper, Watermelon Salsa and Green with Pepper Sauce
  • Grilled Chicken Breast with Spanish Rice
  • Grill Jerk Pork Chop with Caribbean Bean Stew
  • Grilled Mahi Mahi with Tomato Rice
  • Grilled Snapper with Pineapple Rice, Picante Roasted Corn Salsa
  • Mexican Meat Balls with Steamed Rice and Mixed Peppers
  • Pan Fried Perch with Caribbean Rice Pilaf, Spiced Coconut Spinach, Lemon Grass Sauce
  • Pan Seared Snapper with Island Bean Stew, Spicy Tomato Sauce
  • Pinacolada Chicken with Yuca Salad, Tomato Spanish Rice
  • Steamed Spicy Coconut Snapper

Are you hungry yet? :p

Archived