Transfer Booking to TA

FunForUs

I just sent a fax to Princess to transfer my booking to a TA. How long does it take for them to transfer it? The TA has a good price and I am concerned it might take too long? Any information will be appreciated very much. Thanks, Shirley

I most generally transfer all our bookings from Princess to a TA and have never had a problem. I also confirm the transfer with the TA and advise them of the transfer.

You should always check the penalties and read all the T&C of the agent. Trust no one or the other side trust everyone but check just to make sure.

If you want to grab a specific cabin while you see it available on the Princess website, I can see putting a "HOLD" on that cabin with Princess and then immediately calling your TA to do the booking. Actually, my TA has always been able to get the cabin I wanted by calling the TA direct. But transferring a booking should not be an issue.

Does Princess have a specific form for the transfer (like RCCL does) or will any old paperwork do the trick as long as the info is there?

No form. When I transfer a booking I just call my TA and she does it. I sometimes use another TA and she requires me to send her a release.

I did this on our last booking-As soon as I faxed the paperwork to Princess my TA called them and took over the booking- It was done in a few hours-not sure if the weekend will make a differance or not

Appears that the weekend does make a difference. The transfer took effect early midday Monday. Thanks, Shirley

I just call my TA and let her handle the reservation from start to finish. There's nothing that she can't do that Princess or any other line can't and no matter what she's always going to be offering a better deal. Maybe this question comes into play if you don't have a preferred TA. Once I found mine I don't even bother going elsewhere anymore. :)

I just sent a fax to Princess to transfer my booking to a TA. How long does it take for them to transfer it? The TA has a good price and I am concerned it might take too long? Any information will be appreciated very much. Thanks, Shirley

As others have mentioned, I let my TA handle it and it gets handled usually within the same day - no problem and very smooth for sure!

Just a question,why do you transfer from Princess to a TA?I asked my TA if I should transfer my booking over to her,an she said she didnt know why.I had booked it all on line allready.

Why, you ask? And why, she asks? How about paying less? You should never be paying the Princess price. Not if you have a good TA.

Just a question,why do you transfer from Princess to a TA?I asked my TA if I should transfer my booking over to her,an she said she didnt know why.I had booked it all on line allready.

Always a better price with my TA plus she often gives us an OBC! Maybe you should check around - you can still transfer it to any TA you like.

I think I will have to shop around.I live in a small town,so I allways shopped local.Last year I went to the city an got one for our Panama Cruise,nothing special from them either.The local one would give use a bottle of wine in our room ( I dont drink wine)thats about as special as I have gotten.So this time the cruise was selling out so I just booked it my self.Where do you find the ones who give special prices?

I think I will have to shop around.I live in a small town,so I allways shopped local.Last year I went to the city an got one for our Panama Cruise,nothing special from them either.The local one would give use a bottle of wine in our room ( I dont drink wine)thats about as special as I have gotten.So this time the cruise was selling out so I just booked it my self.Where do you find the ones who give special prices?

Use the internet and make some phone calls.

Why, you ask? And why, she asks? How about paying less? You should never be paying the Princess price. Not if you have a good TA.

In general I agree with you. However, this is not necessarily true all the time. I will site you one example and I am sure I could find another one or two if I rechecked past cruises. And the only reason I bring this up is because every thing being equal and I cannot find a significantly lower price taking into account the total price of the cruise. Then I would prefer to leave it with Princess as I have better control of the booking without the risk of penalties. And, though I have tried, have never found a very good reliable TA.

Example: We went on the Sapphire Princess last May 2011 7 day coastal, the so called wine cruise. We had, think E731 most aft mini with the double maybe triple size balcony. Booked when it first came out think about two years in advance. The price never came down in fact it went up and the cruise was sold out many months in advance, excellent cruise but only 7 days so the actual total cruise $'s were not overly high but we have to consider we have to add air and at least one extra night on every cruise we take. like next week we depart to FLL r/t air $750.00.

So in general I am not disagreeing with you just pointing out there are exceptions.

In general I agree with you. However, this is not necessarily true all the time. I will site you one example and I am sure I could find another one or two if I rechecked past cruises. And the only reason I bring this up is because every thing being equal and I cannot find a significantly lower price taking into account the total price of the cruise. Then I would prefer to leave it with Princess as I have better control of the booking without the risk of penalties. And, though I have tried, have never found a very good reliable TA.

Example: We went on the Sapphire Princess last May 2011 7 day coastal, the so called wine cruise. We had, think E731 most aft mini with the double maybe triple size balcony. Booked when it first came out think about two years in advance. The price never came down in fact it went up and the cruise was sold out many months in advance, excellent cruise but only 7 days so the actual total cruise $'s were not overly high but we have to consider we have to add air and at least one extra night on every cruise we take. like next week we depart to FLL r/t air $750.00.

So in general I am not disagreeing with you just pointing out there are exceptions.

The example you cite is very confusing, since I'm not sure what you are saying. Many cruise prices never come down, but that doesn't mean you won't get a better price from a TA who discounts.

Use the internet and make some phone calls.

Personally, I just asked Pia in person on our last TA in May! (in the jeep

ride in the Azores...) :D

The TA has given us better prices and OBC. I like to book it directly with Princess and then have her take it over.

Thanks Pia!

Carol

But still nice to find a TA who says "why bother" instead of saying "sure" just to get a commission.

Personally, I just asked Pia in person on our last TA in May! (in the jeep

ride in the Azores...) :D

The TA has given us better prices and OBC. I like to book it directly with Princess and then have her take it over.

Thanks Pia!

Carol

My pleasure, Carol. :)

Thanks,I have yet to find a good one yet.

You said it - previously booked through Princess direct for last 2 cruises thought this time because it involved air china flight would go though supposedly reputable TA - guess what she wasn't and we are not going cruising, she took our payments and bolted. will be booking next time with Princess direct.

You said it - previously booked through Princess direct for last 2 cruises thought this time because it involved air china flight would go though supposedly reputable TA - guess what she wasn't and we are not going cruising, she took our payments and bolted. will be booking next time with Princess direct.

Sorry to hear about this. Here in the U.S. we have been taught never to pay any travel agent direct. Put the charges on your credit card so if your TA "bolts" it's without your money.

Archived