3rd time to St.Kitts- can I get to Nevis?

2boyzmom

Hi everyone. Well, I have been to St.Kitts twice and frankly am not impressed. Boith times we were taken to two different beaches and they were awful. Is a trip to Nevis worth it? Are the beaches better there? I would do a snorkel excursion but the water just seems like I would not be great...

Hi everyone. Well, I have been to St.Kitts twice and frankly am not impressed. Boith times we were taken to two different beaches and they were awful. Is a trip to Nevis worth it? Are the beaches better there? I would do a snorkel excursion but the water just seems like I would not be great...

We did a catamaran tour through Blue Water Safari's to Nevis. Pinney's Beach is okay. It's definitely not the greatest beach by far in the Caribbean but the snorkeling spot in the cove (NOT in Nevis) and the service was fabulous.

• 5 months later...
We did a catamaran tour through Blue Water Safari's to Nevis. Pinney's Beach is okay. It's definitely not the greatest beach by far in the Caribbean but the snorkeling spot in the cove (NOT in Nevis) and the service was fabulous.

Hi LilTink...

Did you book through your cruise line or with Blue Water Safari? Do you remember how much it cost? Was the boat crowded?

It is a 45 minute ferry ride over to Charlestown, Nevis. There is the Botanical Gardens, Plantations Inns with lots of remarkable history, like Montpelier, Hermitage and Golden Rock which is really nice with its lush rainforest and monkey trails, old sugar mills restored; Museum of Nevis History, Nevis Peak, horseback riding, eco retreat Peak Heaven and other highlights. Roundtrip cost of ferry US 20.

• 3 weeks later...
It is a 45 minute ferry ride over to Charlestown, Nevis. There is the Botanical Gardens, Plantations Inns with lots of remarkable history, like Montpelier, Hermitage and Golden Rock which is really nice with its lush rainforest and monkey trails, old sugar mills restored; Museum of Nevis History, Nevis Peak, horseback riding, eco retreat Peak Heaven and other highlights. Roundtrip cost of ferry US 20.

Does Nevis have any batik factories or are we better off going to Romney Manor in St. Kitts via local taxi?

How can we find out the ferry schedule in early November? Can you just buy a ticket the same day?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

There is no batik "factory" in Nevis. There are several ferries that go between St Kitts & Nevis several times a day, beginning early in the morning and ending late afternoon. Tickets can be purchased the same day as travel. The ferry schedule can be found at several web sites, google St Kitts Ferry.

From my experience in visiting St Kitts and trying to get to Nevis, the ferry schedule seems to change if it's season or off season, and the online schedules might not be current.

So, I think you should have a backup just in case the schedule won't work when you get there.

Archived