Concern about Suites on the Epic

Jewelfine

Hi there

We have taken many cruises on NCL and love the suites. We were considering the Epic but are afraid that they suites won't be as special as there are so many of them now.

What was your experience?

Thanx!

Really not sure what you mean by 'not as special', but with a full private dining room, and every suite having access to the Haven, it's a fantastic experience.

The Villa/Haven area on Epic is very nice. But there are so many suites, I felt it did impact the suite experience compared to other ships. The Epic Club is amazing and a great perk. But the butlers are so busy keeping up with all the suites. Our butler did a great job. But compared to other NCL ships, there are no personal visits from the concierge, etc. Other ships the concierge will meet you every morning at breakfast to check in on you. There are just way too many people in the Haven complex to keep up with everyone. It does NOT mean the experience is bad, just different. On the Jewel, the courtyard area is very small and available to only a few passengers. The Courtyard area on Epic was always full and not the quiet experience compared to other ships.

Its just a different experience. Posh is great but it is packed with guests from all over the ship that pay to get in.

Again, it is a good experience, just different because of the size of the courtyard area.

But compared to other NCL ships, there are no personal visits from the concierge, etc. .

It sucks that this was your experience, but we found Monica visited us regularly while we were eating.

Karan / Anshuman not as much, they were really focusing on their desk.

We really enjoyed our suite experience on the Spirit but not so much on the Epic. We actually had an aft suite so never saw the conceirge at all........only when she was sitting at the desk and she always looked grouchy and was rude the only time we met her. That was over a year ago now and I can't even remember her name but I'm sure she is long gone. The Haven was nice and was never crowded when we were there. The restaurant was also nice but the service was not as great as the Spirit. I personally like the smaller ships though so that could be a reason why I overall was not a big fan of the Epic suite.

Archived