Any one have 10,000 posts?

serene56

Don't forget to add in the ones you "lost" in the conversion from InfoPoop. :p

A "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" is a member who has attained 3,000 posts on the Cruise Critic message boards -- at any time. Those who's posting counts do not reflect 3,000 posts may have been "grandfathered"...that is, they attained their status prior to our moving to our new message boards on June 2004. Those who attain 5,000+ posts on the forums will receive a title of "5,000+ Club". Ditto the 10,000+ level. Those who have "Charter Member" in front of their club name are those who had attained 5,000 or 10,000 posts on the day that Cruise Critic moved to our new message board forums in June of 2004.

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_new_faq_item

Here is the meaning. Blue ribbon is Grandfathered. 5000+ is not. I have checked this out with LauraS. Laura says the 27,153 posts for Sue D. Miller are AI (after infopop) (which is true as far as I can tell)

27,000 posts AFTER the change over?? and to think I was worried that I spent too many hours here...lol

I noticed that over 80 people lurked here and only very few replied.

I've always been meaning to ask, but didn't want to start a thread... how is it that some posters maintained their post status and others lost all their posts when this website was redone??

I've always been meaning to ask, but didn't want to start a thread... how is it that some posters maintained their post status and others lost all their posts when this website was redone??

Everyone lost their posts from the time the board switched over.

I asked that on "day 1", never did get an answer.... :) Hence the reason for my little line in my sig.

As I recall, only posts subsequent to 3/31/04 were transferred to vBulletin, everything prior went poof.

I don't think anyone was able to save their post count? Unless the ones listed as "charter members" (meaning they reached their status prior to the new boards) were able to keep their post count?

Ummmm....No one kept the old post count. I know I had almost 6K on the old boards. The post count didn't transfer over. All post counts are from last June.

So, is having a high post count akin to being a village "elder" or something? I get the feeling a certain amount of prestige and respect comes from having a lot of posts. he he he :rolleyes:

Im happy to keep my 1 post a day average :D

So, is having a high post count akin to being a village "elder" or something? I get the feeling a certain amount of prestige and respect comes from having a lot of posts. he he he :rolleyes:

Im happy to keep my 1 post a day average :D

Actually, that's a 1.36 average :D Kinda like having 2.5 kids ;)

HaHa that would include me, just checking out this thread wondering how in the world anyone gets 10,000+ posts! :eek:

By having a job that allows me to post here 7 hours a day. Having nothing else to do. I find that when I am getting clsoe to a cruise is when I do the most posting. (and when I am looking for the next one I read a lot- Been reading many many pages over at the Princess board)

I have seen people ome and people go. There really is a lot of nice people that post here. I feel like its my second home.

I agree... I am online about 17 hours a day, I just keep CC in the background and check it out when I am on c calls, or have a few minutes here and there. With 3 group cruises in the next 18 months, those threads keep ya busy, LOL.

Archived