another question about repositioning cruise

louthebowler

since coach travel from southampton back to manchester airport is included , does anyone know how long this journey takes ( preferably from experience) and does it do drop offs en-route. i am concerned how long the journey back to to manchester will be, only because hubby has had hip replacement and it will be bad enough on plane but at least he can get up and walk around but coach seats are quite cramped and walking around on a moving coach not so easy. he's a fit 54 year old so no other mobility issues, just me worrying about him sitting in cramped conditions for a long time. Tried to convince him to fly back or get train but he just says i am worrying about nothing!:rolleyes:

There are no drop offs enroute, its direct to the airport, although I would expect a comfort break about halfway. Should take no longer than five hours plus stopping time assuming no traffic problems.

Have done the one to Birmingham which went non stop, just over two hours

Brian

We were on this cruise last year with transport to Manchester. We were on the 2nd group to exit from the cruise and there were a lot of coaches destined for Manchester. No drop offs on route.

We stopped off for a lunch break (although I would have preferred just a short stop) and from memory got back to the airport about 2 pm. The drop off point was (I think) Terminal 2 (but at the time our car was at Terminal 1 as we had the earlier Thomas Cook flight out from T1)

Archived