Using Sarasota airport following Jewel cruise

IndyCapt

Looking for any input regarding the feasability of using Sarasota/Bradenton (SRQ) airport for our March cruise on Jewel. Looks like it's about an hour from the Tampa port. For anyone familiar with the distance, is it doable to get to Sarasota in time for a 11:15am flight when we get off Jewel? If so, any suggested options for shuttles etc?

Prices are quite a bit cheaper for SRQ right now instead of anything into TPA. Thanks in advance!

Looks like a fairly easy drive traffic wise. Here's Google Maps directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sarasota-Bradenton+International+Airport&daddr=port+of+tampa&hl=en&ll=27.662853,-82.459259&spn=0.650723,1.09314&sll=27.390135,-82.551012&sspn=0.040772,0.068321&geocode=FR7noQEdiFUU-yEK5RsGecqgyw%3BFT19qgEd8_wV-yF55TIbiumfeA&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=h&z=10

Timeline wise:

11:15 Flight

- 1:00 hr prior to flight arrival at airport

10:15 Arrive NLT at SRQ

- 1:00 hr drive time

9:15 latest time you need to depart Port of Tampa

Unknowns:

• what time ship is scheduled to arrive in Tampa
  • how long it takes for the ship to be cleared to disembark
  • how long it will take you to clear customs

With no arrival delays or customs hangups, if you can disembark early, you should be able to be on the road to the airport no later than 9:15?

Looks like a fairly easy drive traffic wise. Here's Google Maps directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sarasota-Bradenton+International+Airport&daddr=port+of+tampa&hl=en&ll=27.662853,-82.459259&spn=0.650723,1.09314&sll=27.390135,-82.551012&sspn=0.040772,0.068321&geocode=FR7noQEdiFUU-yEK5RsGecqgyw%3BFT19qgEd8_wV-yF55TIbiumfeA&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=h&z=10

Timeline wise:

11:15 Flight

- 1:00 hr prior to flight arrival at airport

10:15 Arrive NLT at SRQ

- 1:00 hr drive time

9:15 latest time you need to depart Port of Tampa

Unknowns:

• what time ship is scheduled to arrive in Tampa
  • how long it takes for the ship to be cleared to disembark
  • how long it will take you to clear customs

With no arrival delays or customs hangups, if you can disembark early, you should be able to be on the road to the airport no later than 9:15?

Thanks for your response. Anyone out there actually made these arrangements in the past?

I live in Sarasota. It is doable if you get off the ship early. Sarasota security lines aren't long at all. Make sure you take the Leroy Selman Expressway to

I-75 Naples. When you get onto 75 you want to get off on University Parkway exit and go right. University Parkway will take you straight to the airport. When you see the 7-11 in the fork bear to your left not the right. It is a toll road with no toll worker. A picture of your license plate is taken unless you have a Sunpass in the car.

I will ask my parents the name of the shuttle company they used for transportation to TIA.

I live in Sarasota. It is doable if you get off the ship early. Sarasota security lines aren't long at all. Make sure you take the Leroy Selman Expressway to

I-75 Naples. When you get onto 75 you want to get off on University Parkway exit and go right. University Parkway will take you straight to the airport. When you see the 7-11 in the fork bear to your left not the right. It is a toll road with no toll worker. A picture of your license plate is taken unless you have a Sunpass in the car.

I will ask my parents the name of the shuttle company they used for transportation to TIA.

Great info, thanks for the reply!

Archived