Butler service on the Norwegian Star

123RedLight

Since this is our first cruise in a Penthouse Suite on the Star in June 2012, could anyone tell me what services the Butler handles for you....not sure if I really need a butler but it sounds quite nice.

If you decide to have a picnic lunch on the beach will they pack a lunch for you?

We had a butler and a concierge. The butler will even unpack for you if you want. The concierge takes care of large issues, such as priority debarkation, etc. The concierge handles many more cabins than your butler. If I'm remember right the butler handled about ten suites.

Since this is our first cruise in a Penthouse Suite on the Star in June 2012, could anyone tell me what services the Butler handles for you....not sure if I really need a butler but it sounds quite nice.

If you decide to have a picnic lunch on the beach will they pack a lunch for you?

You are not allowed to take any food that is not prepackaged into most ports so don't expect a picnic lunch. Your butler will take care of things in your suite, serve any room service or any other meals you order. There are many current posts on what a butler can do for you.

Welcome to cruise critic. You will learn alot here!

The quick answer about the butler & the concierge:

The butler handles any requests dealing with your suite, whether it's food & drink, extra pillows, or something that needs fixing.

The Concierge deals with anything outside your suite, from shore excursions to restaurant reservations and the like.

As others have noted, this subject is covered very thoroughly in many other posts, and a search will reveal them.

Remember that your butler and concierge are not included in the daily service charge that is automatically billed to your account. You should plan on tipping them separately, either as you use them or in total at the end of the trip...your choice.

We had Clint as our butler and Leah was our concierge. The butler handles anything you want done in the cabin...breakfast with tablecloth on the balcony? done. Dvds from the DVD menu? Done. Different pillows from the pillow menu? Done. Having friends over for a sail a way party...need glasses, setups, a bottle of wine, appetizers etc? Done. Dinner on the balcony? done. Appetizers every day at sunset? done. The concierge will make dinner reservations for you, show reservations, help you embark and disembark, etc. And don't miss the Suite perks at Cagneys for Breakfast and lunch..free.

Our wonderful butler on our Alaskan cruise was Flor. She was very accommodating to our needs. She asked and listened very carefully to our likes and dislikes. She was right on time with our requested in suite dining for both breakfast and dinner. When one of our key cards was misplaced she was quick to have it cancelled and brought a new one right to the room. We were in an aft penthouse suite and felt as if we were a world away from stress and reality. The bed was incredible the views were incredible the service was incredible the food was incredible especially the lambchops which were my dh favorite. Flor was so kind and had a wonderful smile. We would love to be lucky enough to have her as a butler again one day.

We are going to stay in Penthouse Suite 12012 on the Norwegian Star on Deck 12, I've been reading different posts that this is a newer room then the Penthouse suites on the lower decks. Has anyone stayed in this Suite and have any information on how it is. Appreciate any and all info you may have. Thanks.

Archived