San Juan Tour with Airport Drop-Off

Jay Bee

For a cruise ending in San Juan there are a few tours RCL offers that have airport drop-off. They say that you need to have a flight leaving no earlier than 2:30pm for the ones we're considering. Our flight is for 2:15. It looks to me like they allow plenty of time (for example a 2 hour tour leaving at 9am) but I'd like to know from anyone who's done this about what time do you get to the airport?

Thanks

We did this last year unfortunately I do not remember what time we got to the airport. I do remember the tour is the exact amount of time as advertised. The biggest line was for security at the San Juan airport. Most of the cruise passengers had already been processed. I liked this as a round about form of tranportation (reasonable) while bypassing the cruise passenger masses decending on the airport at the same time. The tour is decent. Maybe someone will remember the exact time of arrival at the airport.

Sue

For a cruise ending in San Juan there are a few tours RCL offers that have airport drop-off. They say that you need to have a flight leaving no earlier than 2:30pm for the ones we're considering. Our flight is for 2:15. It looks to me like they allow plenty of time (for example a 2 hour tour leaving at 9am) but I'd like to know from anyone who's done this about what time do you get to the airport?

Thanks

You may want to check out trip advisor for a private tour of San Juan with Port pickup and airport drop off. It costs a few bucks more than the RCL trip but you get to see alot more. We cannot post tour company names here its a violation .. but check trip advisor if you are interested we did with a family of 4 and had a blast with our pre flight tour. or if you are interested, post your email and I will send you information about our tour guide etc

good luck and enjoy

We did the rain forest tour last year. The tour last as it was advertised and we had more than enough time when we arrived at the airport. The tour was really nice and a whole lot better than sitting the whole time in the airport. I would think you would have plenty of time.

I personally would not do any post cruise tour again out of San Juan. We did the Bacardi tour off of Adventure in 2009 and upon our bus arriving back at the airport we found the whole groups luggage sitting on the sidewalk at the airport unattended. The van and trailor that it had been loaded into at the pier was nowhere to be found and anybody could have taken our bags or put something into them. We still cruise with RCL but will never do a post cruise tour after this experiance.

For a cruise ending in San Juan there are a few tours RCL offers that have airport drop-off. They say that you need to have a flight leaving no earlier than 2:30pm for the ones we're considering. Our flight is for 2:15. It looks to me like they allow plenty of time (for example a 2 hour tour leaving at 9am)

Thanks

This sounds like a great idea for us........Thanks for the info. :)

I personally would not do any post cruise tour again out of San Juan. We did the Bacardi tour off of Adventure in 2009 and upon our bus arriving back at the airport we found the whole groups luggage sitting on the sidewalk at the airport unattended. The van and trailor that it had been loaded into at the pier was nowhere to be found and anybody could have taken our bags or put something into them. We still cruise with RCL but will never do a post cruise tour after this experiance.

We did this same tour Feb 2011 and the same thing happened to us. We even had to put our carry on bags in the van because there was no where on the bus to put them other than on your lap:(. We had to find a porter as we had a lot of luggage and then found out our gate was at the farthest terminal. The porter really didn't want to go that far but he did and we had to run after him. We won't do a post cruise tour with them again.

oh goodness! on our independent tour around San Juan, we loaded our luggage onto the mini bus that we travelled on. Our driver was so informative, stopping a couple of times, letting us out and explaining the sights as we drove around. We even toured a government building, although it was Sunday and they were closed. Gave us time (and suggestions) for a lunch stop, then off to the airport. highly recommend this option...

Archived