Third Times The Charm!! Carnival Splendor January 1-7

cruisinJenF

I was looking for myself in the background at Pelican Beach. We were there on the Spirit, at the same time. Your story and photos kinda makes me wish we had gone on the Splendor again, instead! I love that ship!;)

You should check all the other pictures on my photo bucket account- there were a bunch from Pelican Beach- maybe you will find yourself ;). It was a great day to be at the beach!! Thanks for reading!!

The Splendor is my favorite ship so far. I never understood why some people have such a hate for the decor of the ship. Yes, it is pink but it isn't like you're buying it. We were scheduled for the same trip a couple of years ago but unfortunately the swine fle thing had us going to Canada instead. Western Canada is beautiful but I've always wanted to do Cabo. I'm glad you guys had the fun I missed!

Question about the Splendor: did it feel crowded? I hear that sometimes you can really feel the 3500 passengers on the ship.

Also, was it really loud? The second frequent complaint I seem to be reading is that the pool area is very loud, especially on day 1 and 7, when the pool's top is closed for the weather. I am hoping that it is not true but I would love to hear your impressions.

We toured the Splendor after the fires and here are some great pix of the ship (it was docked overnight). I agree that it is gorgeous and the pink is a dusty, kinda elegant color rather than a gaudy, 70s color. I loved how she looks!

Pix:

Question about the Splendor: did it feel crowded? I hear that sometimes you can really feel the 3500 passengers on the ship.

Also, was it really loud? The second frequent complaint I seem to be reading is that the pool area is very loud, especially on day 1 and 7, when the pool's top is closed for the weather. I am hoping that it is not true but I would love to hear your impressions.

We toured the Splendor after the fires and here are some great pix of the ship (it was docked overnight). I agree that it is gorgeous and the pink is a dusty, kinda elegant color rather than a gaudy, 70s color. I loved how she looks!

Pix:

It has never felt crowded to me. Not even my second time on her during Spring Break. I have never not been able to find a deck chair at either the aft pool or pool that is covered or the Thunderball pool. Always someplace to lay in the sun!

The only time I felt crowded and claustrophobic was the line to get into the dining room! Solved this by not getting to dinner prior to 8:15- we usually left our cabins at 8:15 and then avoided that line. I hated that line- I felt like cattle being herded in the small area until they open the doors! And wow did it get hot waiting!! We were Gold Pearl Lower.

I didn't notice the pool areas being loud. Maybe during the activities like the hairy chest contest? Nothing so bad I took note of it. We preferred the aft pool to the covered pool- aft pool was adults only so less kids.

My fav quiet spot was deck 3 right by the lobby. There was rarely anyone out there and always plenty of lounge chairs and it was super quiet- even more so than Serenity- it was our designated reading spot. I think it's a smoking area but I was never bothered by smoke and I am a non smoker.

Deck 10 at the Rotisserie after 3:00pm was our designated gaming spot. Only saw someone up there a couple times after the Rotisserie closed and the tables were large enough for our card and board games.

Thanks!!

The Splendor is my favorite ship so far. I never understood why some people have such a hate for the decor of the ship. Yes, it is pink but it isn't like you're buying it. We were scheduled for the same trip a couple of years ago but unfortunately the swine fle thing had us going to Canada instead. Western Canada is beautiful but I've always wanted to do Cabo. I'm glad you guys had the fun I missed!

We were on the May 3rd Splendor Swine cruise! Which one were you on? I loved it, but it was so rainy and cold! If it wasn't for the Cloud 9 Spa on that cruise we would have been wet and miserable! We got soooo soaked at Butchart gardens in Victoria- that spa felt like heaven after getting back on the ship!!

For some reason this is posting as a quote from cruisinJenF...

We booked a tour with Eduardo of Blue Baja Los Cabos. You can reach him by email bluebajaloscabos AT Hotmail DOT com :)

We planned to whale watch for two hours and then spend as much time as we wanted at the beach. They provided sandwiches, a cooler full of soda, beer and bottled water. They also had the BEST beach chairs and umbrellas for all 6 of us. Two Boogeyboards and snorkeling equipment for all of us. It was only $45 per person for the whole day and it was FANTASTIC!!! I cant say enough good things about them.

Ricardo was waiting for us as soon as we got off the boat.

splendor012.jpg

splendor014.jpg

We are going to be on the Splendor Feb. 5th, and I just booked this tour with Eduardo. Thank you so much for your great review, it is the reason I decided to use Blue Baja Los Cabos! I can't wait...three more weeks!

We are going to be on the Splendor Feb. 5th, and I just booked this tour with Eduardo. Thank you so much for your great review, it is the reason I decided to use Blue Baja Los Cabos! I can't wait...three more weeks!

Have a great trip!!! I hope you see tons of whales- You will have a great day! Let me know how your trip was when you get back. Bon Voyage!

WOW!!! Great Pics! That Picture of the Stingray flying out of the water was amazing. You could probably sell that.

Thanks! It was so amazing to see. Someone here on CC told me it is a Manta Ray and they do that during mating season. I had no idea they jumped like that- it was surprising! Thanks for reading.

Thanks! I have a Canon Rebel T2i. The pics with a date are a Canon Powershot.

Thanks for reading!!

Thank you for the camera information! I was wondering also about the type of camera used. When I went on a whale watching trip a few years ago, all I have are pictures of splashes!:o

It has never felt crowded to me. Not even my second time on her during Spring Break. I have never not been able to find a deck chair at either the aft pool or pool that is covered or the Thunderball pool. Always someplace to lay in the sun!

The only time I felt crowded and claustrophobic was the line to get into the dining room! Solved this by not getting to dinner prior to 8:15- we usually left our cabins at 8:15 and then avoided that line. I hated that line- I felt like cattle being herded in the small area until they open the doors! And wow did it get hot waiting!! We were Gold Pearl Lower.

I didn't notice the pool areas being loud. Maybe during the activities like the hairy chest contest? Nothing so bad I took note of it. We preferred the aft pool to the covered pool- aft pool was adults only so less kids.

My fav quiet spot was deck 3 right by the lobby. There was rarely anyone out there and always plenty of lounge chairs and it was super quiet- even more so than Serenity- it was our designated reading spot. I think it's a smoking area but I was never bothered by smoke and I am a non smoker.

Deck 10 at the Rotisserie after 3:00pm was our designated gaming spot. Only saw someone up there a couple times after the Rotisserie closed and the tables were large enough for our card and board games.

Thanks!!

Thanks so much for the comments. We are on the April Spring Break cruise so I am happy to hear that it didn't feel too crazy. I know what you mean about the dining room lines! We ALWAYS go about 5-10 min late on every cruise line and every cruise. We learned early on how yucky it feels to have 2000 of your best friends competing with you to get to a pre-assigned table. :D

Does anyone know if the Indian Tandoor food is still served at the back of the ship? It was my favorite food and I am thinking of going on the Splendor again just to have it. Well, any excuse to cruise again...

Does anyone know if the Indian Tandoor food is still served at the back of the ship? It was my favorite food and I am thinking of going on the Splendor again just to have it. Well, any excuse to cruise again...

Yes it is :). My son tried it. He didn't care for the Tandoor as much as the Indian food each night in the MDR. The Tandoor didnt have many vegetarian options for him to choose from.

I think any reason is reason enough to cruise again ;)

Archived