Third Times The Charm!! Carnival Splendor January 1-7

cruisinJenF

I don't know how many people were there that day but it was not crowded at all. Plenty of empty tables at lunch. Never a wait for a drink. Plenty of waiters that came OFTEN- especially when tipped ;) Tons of nooks and cranny's to explore all over the beach. Plenty of beach chairs. My kids did explore the nature trails. The younger kids in the Kids Club looked like they were having a fantastic time! Bathrooms were clean also.

The snorkeling was AMAZING!!!! The visibility was great this day- clear and we could see all the way down. Not murky at all. We saw TONS of fish- BEAUTIFUL fish!! We also saw a stingray or manta ray (again I don't know the difference) Eels, starfish and an array of creatures. I saw a HUGE puffer fish that was really neat to see. There is a guide out there with you and he will dive down and bring up things. I got to hold a baby starfish and it was really wiggly and active! Loved it.

*****Note: if you have any mobility issues this is not the excursion for you!! You do have to hike up to the bathrooms and to get your snorkel gear and to the bar if you want. You have to walk across the sand- there are no wheelchair ramps or sidewalks for them.

Would I do this excursion again? In a heartbeat!! So fun and such a great day. We were exhausted by the time we got back to the ship :D My kids all agreed it was the best part of the cruise.

This was a great cruise and I really enjoyed all the time with my DH and all my kids. It was fun to just be together and play games and spend time on the beaches. We loved it- everyone had SO much fun.

Disembark was a BREEZE!!! We were in the Spectacular theater with our bags at 6:45 and off the boat and in the car at 7:05am!! Probably one of the first 20 off the ship. Super easy!! We were home to Vegas by 11:30.

That's it for the cruise portion. Let me know if you have any particular questions :D

Next up: Food pics for fun!!!

Are the rafts and snorking included or an additional cost?

I told dh we need to do Caletas if we ever do that route again. Thank you for posting pics :)

Yes- Rafts, Kayaks, Snorkeling gear, drinks, food all included. The only thing we did that wasnt included was my son and his fiance's trip to the spa.

Here are my food pics because let's face it.....I LOVE FOOD! I was not really disappointed with anything on this cruise in regards to food. Some things were amazing and some things were OK.

We had dinner at the Pinnacle Steakhouse one night. OMG it was SO good I can't even describe it! If I could just get a huge basket of that bread and a vat of the Tomato Jam stuff I would die a happy girl. Steaks were cooked perfect, service was impeccable. Pace yourself so you can make it to dessert!

Pinnacle Steakhouse:

Amuse-Bouche:

Potato Soup

food023.jpg

Steak Tartar

food024.jpg

Bread!!!!

food025.jpg

Bread Toppings:

food026.jpg

French Onion Soup:

food028.jpg

Tuna Tartar

food027.jpg

And what do you follow a fabulous dinner with? Martini Tasting!!! Mmmmmm these were so good! One was a melon martini that actually tasted just like watermelon! Loved them all- then went into a food coma and died :D

food050.jpg

Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've only had an apple martini and it was goood!

I miss Mazatlan too. :(

Do they really give you full-size martinis like that for the martini tasting, or were those just for show? If so, I just might have to do that next trip. :D Oops! It took me so long to write the last post that you already posted again. It is the "mini" part that always makes me think it's not worth it.

Also, I didn't read it in your post, and I didn't see the paddle boards and kayaks in your photos from Las Caletas. Were they there? Perhaps they only have them during the summer months....or perhaps they are no longer available.:( I really loved taking a whack at paddle boarding. Maybe after my bazillion wipeouts followed by squeals, giggles, and splashes, they decided that old ladies like me might end up hurting themselves! I had a difficult time, but it sure was fun.

Those dolphin pics are awesome. Do you have a super camera, or are you just an amazing, professional quality photographer?

I miss Mazatlan too. :(

DO they really give you full-size martinis like that for the martini tasting, or were those just for show? If so, I just might have to do that next trip. :D

Also, I didn't read it in your post, and I didn't see the paddle boards and kayaks in your photos from Las Caletas. Were they there? Perhaps they only have them during the summer months....or perhaps they are no longer available.:( I really loved taking a whack at paddle boarding. Maybe after my bazillion wipeouts followed by squeals, giggles, and splashes, they decided that old ladies like me might end up hurting themselves! I had a difficult time, but it sure was fun.

Those dolphin pics are awesome. Do you have a super camera, or are you just an amazing, professional quality photographer?

They were not full sized. I would say they are over half sized though and I loved all four flavors I tried. Plus it's just fun having four Martinis lined up waiting for you :)

Yes they had the Paddle boards and Kayaks. I was just in the water when the kids were doing that so no pics :). They didn't try the paddle boards- they didn't think they were coordinated enough to stay on ;).

I just have a really nice camera- it does all the work!

Thanks so much!!!

Jen - I am loving your pictures. Did you drive in the morning of the cruise or did you go the day before? I have never driven the morning of because we didn't want to be exhausted from waking up early and driving.

Thanks everyone!

We were going to drive the day of- we did that last time- but I was stressing about all the what-if's! I am glad we went the day before- it made getting on the ship so much more leisurely not having to sit in the car all morning. PLUS we got to sleep in!

We used Priceline and got two suites at the Staybridge Inn and Suites in Torrance. It had a kitchenette and a bedroom with a queen bed in it and a pull out sofa in the living room. We got a great rate especially since it was New Years eve. It was "decent" enough of a room but someone near us on our same ventilation celebrated all night long with their bong if you catch my drift ;). Felt like I was being hot boxed all night! Only paid $50 though so I can't complain. It was a 10-15 minute drive to the port.

Here are my food pics because let's face it.....I LOVE FOOD! I was not really disappointed with anything on this cruise in regards to food. Some things were amazing and some things were OK.

We had dinner at the Pinnacle Steakhouse one night. OMG it was SO good I can't even describe it! If I could just get a huge basket of that bread and a vat of the Tomato Jam stuff I would die a happy girl. Steaks were cooked perfect, service was impeccable. Pace yourself so you can make it to dessert!

Pinnacle Steakhouse:

Amuse-Bouche:

Potato Soup

Steak Tartar

The Amuse Bouche changes nightly. The 1st night is mini cheeseburger and tomato soup. Another night has pea soup.

Cabo

We booked a tour with Eduardo of Blue Baja Los Cabos. You can reach him by email bluebajaloscabos AT Hotmail DOT com :)

We planned to whale watch for two hours and then spend as much time as we wanted at the beach. They provided sandwiches, a cooler full of soda, beer and bottled water. They also had the BEST beach chairs and umbrellas for all 6 of us. Two Boogeyboards and snorkeling equipment for all of us. It was only $45 per person for the whole day and it was FANTASTIC!!! I cant say enough good things about them.

Ricardo was waiting for us as soon as we got off the boat.

Jenn

I'm glad Eduardo and Ricardo took great care of you. He does provide a pretty darn good service.

Russ

Ricardo gave us a choice of beaches in Cabo. We went with Pelican Beach since it has "some" snorkeling and a big rock to climb and jump off. Also it is right next to Lovers Beach.

Our setup on the beach. Ricardo did all the work :)

splendor207.jpg

Fun rock the kids could climb and jump. Obviously for older kids and adults.

splendor209.jpg

We spent a couple hours at the beach and Ricardo gave us the option of staying with us or coming back. We told him to come back- we were perfectly comfortable with our setup. He returned right on time and loaded up all the stuff for us. It was REALLY a fantastic day. Everyone really enjoyed it!

I was looking for myself in the background at Pelican Beach. We were there on the Spirit, at the same time. Your story and photos kinda makes me wish we had gone on the Splendor again, instead! I love that ship!;)

The Amuse Bouche changes nightly. The 1st night is mini cheeseburger and tomato soup. Another night has pea soup.

I love them- they are a tasty surprise! I have had the tomato soup before but I think the potato soup was much better! Loved it!! I wish I could have had a bowl :). I hope I get pea soup on my next cruise!

Archived