Struggling with hotels in Rome

lori450

I was just about to post something a bit more negative about del Senato and then up popped your 960 Euros posting. If you got the del Senato for that price in June for four nights, you have made the right choice.

We stayed there in May on the fifth floor I believe (Juliet balcony overlooking the Pantheon) and loved the location. But I did think it was pricey for the size of the room. It is updated and nicely decorated and the bathroom is modern. But both rooms are quite snug. We did have drinks a couple of nights on the roofdeck which we loved. But it was too windy two of the nights so we had drinks on the Piazza (also nice but subject to the smoking habits of passersby).

When we go back to Rome pre-cruise in June, we are staying at Canali i Coronari nearby. WE need two rooms (travelling with our teens) and del Senato was more than I was willing to spend.

While many people rave about the staff (and many of them are lovely), I wouuld say to be a bit careful about the restaurants they recommend. Mauro turned his nose down at any restaurant I suggested from what I'd read on tripadvisor. So we went with one of his suggestions and it was just o.k. Clearly they are taken care of by the restaurants they suggest.

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep it in mind.

:)

When we go back to Rome pre-cruise in June, we are staying at Canali i Coronari nearby. WE need two rooms (travelling with our teens) and del Senato was more than I was willing to spend.

I hope you enjoy the Residenza Canali as much as we did. We had a terrace room that we absolutely loved, although the A/C had trouble keeping up with the late July heat. Stefano was very helpful and the breakfast was delicious. We would have stayed there again this year, but with 6 of us traveling to Rome pre-cruise, we opted for a penthouse apt thru VRBO with 2 terraces instead.

I hope you enjoy the Residenza Canali as much as we did. We had a terrace room that we absolutely loved, although the A/C had trouble keeping up with the late July heat. Stefano was very helpful and the breakfast was delicious. We would have stayed there again this year, but with 6 of us traveling to Rome pre-cruise, we opted for a penthouse apt thru VRBO with 2 terraces instead.

Glad you enjoyed our hotel. We have reserved the two terrace rooms on the top floor. We know about the stair walking but thought it would be worth it.

Archived