teen/tween girls dress on casual nights (Carnival)

nw2this

Will most of the girls have on sun dresses on casual nights? I'm thinking of packing some shorts (knee length) and tops (polo and other) for my tween. Thanks.

either sounds fine. (I saw some questionable outfits on the younger set, but they were still served, etc. & I may just be an old fogey. wink. & glad that I have a 3 year old son. So it really is too early for me to worry about his fashion choices. wink.)

DD is now 16YO and has been cruising with us since she was 8MO. Girls are "easier" because they can wear sundresses or skirts and look a bit more dressy without the hastle of long pants and collared shirts (like boys)

When she was younger, we would pack a couple of skirts (denim, solid colors) that she could slip into. She had a couple of "skorts" from Children's place (shorts with a flippy little skirt over them) -- she was happy and they looked dressy enough.

Now she has her own style and dresses almost exclusively in dresses and skirts - and makes her mom feel underdressed!

Girls don't need "collared" shirts...sleeveless for women is just fine...vee neck, scoop neck...whatever!

yup, that's why I've always thought girls were easier -- by swapping a denim skirt for her shorts with whatever she had on top, she could be "set". A cute cami with a bit of embellishment can be dressier than a polo.

Edited by Onessa

• 2 years later...

We cruise RCI or Celebrity but typically, our daughter would wear nice shorts/capris and a blouse. Occasionally a casual dress but we usually kept it simple. It might be slightly dressier than Carnival, but we don't stress too much. I have seen people range from dresses to t-shirts and jeans, so whatever you are comfortable with seems to work best!