Multiple Reservations

I know this has been covered before - but I want to ask one more time just to be sure.

DH, DD and I are traveling with our neighbors and their 3 children. I've made 3 reservations; 2 balcony and 1 inside across the hall. The plan is to put the kids across the hall (16-17 y/o) and we're taking the two balcony rooms. But because each reservation had to have at least 1 adult on them - I split it out the reservations like this:

Rm 1 - Neighbor Adult #1; 3 kids (2 his and 1 his step daughter)

Rm 2 - Neighbor Adult #2; 1 kid (who is actually my kid)

Rm 3 - Me and DH

I know we'll need to get the room keys redone. But do they match passports, etc with reservations? Meaning - is Adult in Rm 2 going to be able to check in with MY daughter. Obviously I'm gonna be there - so I'm guessing no need for a 'letter' since she's not her guardian. Do we just take the SeaPass cards like they are and change them at the Pursers Desk - or will the key the the way we want when we check in?

I'm guessing we'll all be right there when we check in so things should be ok. But i can see this getting really confusing for the clerk. The folks behind us in line aren't going to be happy.

I split it out like this because this was the cheapest configuration I could come up with - ensuring the cheapest 3rd rate had the most in them.

i was kind of surprised that when I tried to make final payment - they gave me grief about paying for the reservation that wasn't in my name. They only reason they'd let me do it is because it referenced my email address and they used that for verification. I was surprised they even cared who was calling to pay.

Ditto as the above poster said. If the cabins are across the hall or very close than there does not have to be an adult in each room. I would just book it the way you want with the kids across the hall and such then have to be bothered to change it once you are on board. Sometimes once on board and changes are made the sea pass charges get all screwed up if they don't switch it properly. The extra hassle isn't needed so why bother.:)

As others have said, you don't need an adult in each room, as long as the kids are across the hall. It would be best to change now, one less thing to do when on your vacation, but if you do leave it the way it is, you must check in as booked, and then go to guest services on the ship to swap things around, do not try and do it at the pier, as the seapass cards are preprinted

Archived