What are the best ways to find Cruises??

RogerSmith

Also this web site tells a lot. There is a board topic for new cruisers, etc. I agree a travel agent could also help for sure. Carnival doesn't put out a brochure any more. If they would visit the main web sites for the cruise lines, they can also learn a lot. Talking to experienced cruisers helps too.

Nancy

I learned nothing from my TA. This website is by far the most informative source I have come across. You can also visit the individual site for different lines once you narrow them down based on reviews/experiences. Ask questions. They will be answered. But use the search function first :p

I have NEVER been on a cruise before and I feel so prepared for my upcoming vacation.

I learned nothing from my TA. This website is by far the most informative source I have come across. You can also visit the individual site for different lines once you narrow them down based on reviews/experiences. Ask questions. They will be answered. But use the search function first :p

I have NEVER been on a cruise before and I feel so prepared for my upcoming vacation.

Your TA should be helping you - maybe time to get a new TA? That being said I love this site because if I have a burning question at 3am I can probably find the answer here (which my TA is eternally grateful for I'm sure) :D

Use a search engine like priceline, expedia, etc.

I would start with deciding whether I wanted to fly or drive to the ship. Driving will narrow your selections.

Decide where you want to visit.

Decide when you want to cruise.

Decide how long a cruise you want.

Decide if you want a family oriented line, a luxury line, etc.

We know we want to drive to keep cost down leaving only California and Galveston, possibly New Orleans.

From there we get to choose from Baja Mexico or the Caribbean.

We know we want 7 days during Spring Break leaving only one week in March.

We want a budget family oriented line like CCL or RCL or maybe NCL.

After all this there aren't many choices left so we pick what's left based on price, ship features, and itinerary.

Triangulate from multiple sources of information

1) TA will have lots of hard print and talking to a person helps

2) Cruiseline websites

3) Forums like this to ask pinpointed questions.

Many here love it, me included! I have to admit as much as I love it no way would I do it more than once a year, and one of my very best friends who I vacation with many a time and have much in common can't stand it.

Happy planning

One of my friend is eager to know about Cruises and ask to me but i was not knowing and i need the answer.:confused:

Archived