Carnival Destiny question

woodsy64

I am new to this forum and I've never done this before. Hope all goes well. I just booked a cruise in March on Carnival Destiny. I then read a couple of bad reviews. Now I'm worried. Any one out there have info on this ship?

I have not been on the Destiny but have read some decent reviews on it. Everyone's opinion is going to be different based upon their expectations. We sailed the Inspiration 5-day for our honeymoon last Oct. We thought, based upon somethings that we read about the Fantasty class ships and shorter cruises, that we would be disappointed after sailing the Legend 7 day the year before. I can tell you that we were very pleasantly surprised. The ship was in great shape, the service good and we really did like sailing on a smaller ship. We are a very easy to please couple and don't need 5-star surroundings. We had a great time!

So just go and experience it for yourself. You will never know for sure if you do not. The Destiny is larger than the Fantasy class ships and offers some really nice ports of call. The rates for the cruises on this ship seem to be very good too. The only advice I can give you, is select your cabin very carefully. Get one that has cabins above and below you and JMHO, away from the elevators. We had a room 2 cabins behind the Aft elevators and, never again. Maybe we just had a bad experience with lots and lots of noise but I learned a very good lesson in future cabin selection.

Have a great time. :)

I am new to this forum and I've never done this before. Hope all goes well. I just booked a cruise in March on Carnival Destiny. I then read a couple of bad reviews. Now I'm worried. Any one out there have info on this ship?

You should probably have posted this over on the Carnival board and it will probably get moved.

Don't give too much concern to bad reviews. People rarely take the time to write about the good stuff and the bad reviews are usually so full of generalizations and exagerations that they are hardly believable....

Food is so subjective so comments along those lines won't necessarily impact you.

I can tell you that I have been on 25 Carnival cruises...There have been some minor issues along the way, some meals I didn't care for, some crew that I felt weren't as friendly as they could be........but I wouldn't keep coming back multiple times per year if the good didn't FAR out weigh the bad........

Archived