Debarkation question

TakeAHike

We are planning to arrive in Miami the evening prior to our cruise. On our return trip, I am not clear what time to expect to return to the airport. How long does debarkation generally take? Are you able to linger a bit, or is everyone herded off? I don't want to schedule our return flight too early, and I also do not want to spend hours sitting around the airport. Thank you for your help.

When your ship arrives in Miami on the last morning, it will have to be cleared by local authorities. This usually takes 30 minutes or so. After that they begin letting passengers off. Check with your cruise line, but most recommend making flights for noon or so or later. The last passengers will be off about 10 or 10:30am usually. How quickly you are off will depend on your flights.

You don't mention ship or cruise line but as rule of thumb, barring any unforeseen delays, you should be fine booking a flight after 12 noon. We all know disembarkation can be delayed for many reasons but most of us feel it reasonable to book such a flight.

You cannot linger around the ship. They must get everyone off who is getting off or they cannot start to board the next group of cruisers waiting to start their cruise.

The ship/cabins all have to be cleaned and readied for those who are arriving so you should expect to off most ships/most cruises by about 10:15 to 10:30 A.M.

Archived